Time Machine or Fountain of Youth? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd February 2011, 07:17 AM   #21
jerryo is offline jerryo  Isle of Man
diyAudio Member

Oh dear.................Peckerwood, of all the things you could do with time travel you would choose to take a load of modern weapons back to the American Revolution just so you could shoot a load of people in the back!?

"it would be kind of fun".........................................!?

I would myself, given the choice, take pain killers and antibiotics back as far as I could. These could have saved countless millions of lives and reduced the suffering of everyone.
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:43 AM   #22
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryo View Post
I would myself, given the choice, take pain killers and antibiotics back as far as I could. These could have saved countless millions of lives and reduced the suffering of everyone.
Ironically, Peckerwood's foray into the past would most likely do less damage than yours. Still, it's truly a good thing that time machines don't exist and especially good that neither of you has access to one.
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:15 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

I'd take the time machine.
Seems so much more fun. One could answer all those 'What ifs'. I for one would be interested to find out what if the dutch would have never ceded their north american colony to the british and what if Hitler would have died in WWI for example.

The list is practically endless…
Old 3rd February 2011, 03:53 PM   #24
Gyuri is offline Gyuri  Hungary
diyAudio Member

For my part, I would like to use a time machine.
Only one time, but it very much.
I could save my son.
Old 3rd February 2011, 04:26 PM   #25
jerryo is offline jerryo  Isle of Man
diyAudio Member

Hi MJL21193,
how do you make that out?
Are you thinking on the lines of "anti-biotic resistance"?

Time machines are an impossibility..........period.

I have no idea what the end result would be if either mine or Peckerwoods suggestions were to happen, so it is the "intent" that you need to concentrate on, and not the cause and effect that seems to concern you.

Its quite startling that on this forum one cannot discuss politics or religion and yet one can talk about killing people "in a kind of fun way"..............in the back!?
Old 3rd February 2011, 06:54 PM   #26
benb is offline benb  United States
diyAudio Member

Wait a minute - isn't DIY audio a religion?

Or is it just that we can't talk about OTHER religions?
Old 3rd February 2011, 07:02 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Better sacrifice a chicken to the vacuum tube god for expressing such insolence benb!
Old 3rd February 2011, 07:08 PM   #28
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryo View Post
Time machines are an impossibility..........period.
It was working just fine when you were going to do your Mother Teresa act...
Old 3rd February 2011, 07:49 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadman View Post
With the Time Machine, you can transport to any place AND any time an infinite number of times, but you must wait at least 72 hours between jumps.
I'd go to Vegas, January 1967. Bet on the Jets. Then spend the remaining 72 hours catching the shows (Sinatra, etc.) Then fast forward a few months and let it all ride in a bet on the Final Four. Then forward again to January 1968 to let it all ride on the next Superbowl.
And so on, through the years. By the 80s and 90s I would have bought out all the oil and power and health insurance companies, to make them turn their efforts to clean, renewable energy and universal health care. (I'd pay for it all from my personal fortune....no politics involved here).
Old 4th February 2011, 04:53 AM   #30
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

No Politics
Posts removed.

Hide this!Advertise here!