Time Machine or Fountain of Youth? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd February 2011, 01:07 PM   #11
...truth seeker...
diyAudio Member

No thanks. I'll play the hand I've already been dealt.
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:25 PM   #12
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Time machine for me! What a great lot of mischief I could get up to.

Of course Dr. Who pretty much has both (speaking of mischief).
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:33 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

I'll take the FOY...causation likely makes travel into the past untenable and the FOY is a passable if imperfect route to the future.
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:37 PM   #14
Account disabled at member's request

I'd use the fountain for a couple thousand years, or until I'm bored with that. Then I'd use the time machine to got back to the present, before Zeus showed up.
Depending on the paradox, either live out the remainder of my natural life or, if Zeus appears again, do it all again.
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:46 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJL21193 View Post
I'd use the fountain for a couple thousand years, or until I'm bored with that. Then I'd use the time machine to got back to the present, before Zeus showed up.
Depending on the paradox, either live out the remainder of my natural life or, if Zeus appears again, do it all again.
Cheat the gods...perfect!!
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:48 PM   #16
Cassiel is offline Cassiel  Libya
diyAudio Member

Quote:
No thanks. I'll play the hand I've already been dealt.
Err, don't want to spoil the fun but you have no other choice. What you got BTW? I got 3 aces and a joker.
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:23 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

With no other choices I would choose the fountain of youth. I could always kill myself anytime I was ready and I am one of the few who think that we live in the best of times and the farther in time you go back the worse it was.
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:32 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peckerwood View Post
With no other choices I would choose the fountain of youth. I could always kill myself anytime I was ready and I am one of the few who think that we live in the best of times and the farther in time you go back the worse it was.
Couldn't agree more, the myth of simpler times & the Noble Savage are just that. Life then was brutal and short...today's poor (at least in US) have a superior standard of living compared to the good old days!
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:47 PM   #19
Cassiel is offline Cassiel  Libya
diyAudio Member

Quote:
brutal and short
Just like sex. Hmmm, I might like it.
Old 3rd February 2011, 06:58 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Of course if the time machine was really large it would be kind of fun to go back to say the American Revolution and bring some Barret M-82 .50 cal sniper rifles and a bunch of AK-47s and a few to9ns of ammunition. You could set up like 400 yards behind your own guys and just drop Ringos one after the other. They would never even know where it was coming from. We wouldn't need the French. Just start with the officers and work your way down the ranks until the rest gave up or better yet ran. Then you could shoot them in the back as they fled. A few "battles" like that and the war would be won rather than only driving the British away. They would be defeated and you would have prevented the war of 1812 too. If you did it right you could literally kill every single one of them so the commanders not present would not even know what happened. Just that nobody came back from the battle. It would probably take them about a hundred and fifty years to figure out what you did because until they had high power semi-automatic highly accurate long range sniper rifles they wouldn't even be able to imagine the concept.

Or some armored personal carriers. That would be pretty fun too. You would be almost invincible. Just roll up and open up on their lines with machine guns. The only thing you would have to avoid would be cannon balls so just don't sit still. Keep moving. Take out all their artillery and artillery men first. It would seem like a monster sent straight from hell to them.

Last edited by Peckerwood; 3rd February 2011 at 07:06 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!