Anybody with known NDE incidents in this forum? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th January 2011, 03:58 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

i have heard someone say that those who attempt suicide and have a NDE don't report it being a good experience, unlike those who see the white light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 18th January 2011, 05:14 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

One needs to read quite a bit on those reports to come to any sort of real conclusion. However I might add that I've read reports of children and others who did not see or go up to the distant end ( lighted or not ) and returned on their own or were asked to return by someone without any negative feelings. However as you say there were some who didn't feel comfortable at all in that 'dark space' . It's not easy to 'guess' what the reasons are.

Like some people are claustrophobic and others are not. There isn't any visible or obvious reasons for the difference. Maybe just mental make up that others can't see.

I have a cousin who is mortally scared of escalators ! She says she has NEVER had or seen any accident near/on escalators or read about them. She will always use the stair case or a lift. I've asked her several times about this and she has no explanation. She say's " I don't know why ".

By the way having an OBE does not necessarily mean that you get to the 'tunnel' or the 'light at the end'. It's a 'possibility' but it might just be what it says...out of body experience.....within the Earthly vicinity !

I just noticed you mentioned 'suicide'. From what I read, it says that suicide is intentional death and will not result in the same end experience as others who do not put an end to their own lives 'intentionally'. It sounds logical to me but that isn't any proof !

Edit: Maybe the unpleasant NDE is to let them know that this shouldn't be attempted again ?

Last edited by ashok; 18th January 2011 at 05:29 AM.
Old 18th January 2011, 08:15 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

I call it tripping. As far as all that OBE stuff even if it happened to me I would figure I was just tripping. So I can't honestly say that I would believe it if I saw it. I have seen it. The CIA spent decades trying to do all that and it never worked.

I got shot one time and I was hearing things that I am fairly certain were not really there but I consider that tripping. When you reach a certain level of pain your brain decides you can't take it any more and just starts tripping. It takes you to another place. It is a natural defense mechanism. Victims of torture all describe the same type thing as well as those traumatically injured. Another time I was stabbed two times and another time I had a terrible car wreck. I didn't trip either one of those times but it didn't hurt near as bad.

All that stuff you hear about people "fighting for their life" is BS too. It is not up to you whether you live or die. Your attitude might make a difference but you can't fight for your life as though it is up to you whether or not you live. When you hear about people waiting for some certain event before they die and then dying after it happens I think is just a coincidence. They got lucky. I was right on the edge but I never had a choice. I mean right on the edge too. They were so sure I was going to die I got a bill from the coroner. When they X-ray'd me they wrote me off and called the coroner but as it turned out there was not that much actual internal damage to my organs. If you could see the X-ray you would not think that is possible either. There were bullet fragments everywhere. 37 of them. There is one piece that is 2.5 cm sitting right in the center of my chest between my heart and my diaphram. It gets even weirder too. That bullet that particular fragment came from entered my body on my right hip below my waist and didn't really hurt anything going from there to the center of my chest. It is still there because removing it would kill me for sure. If somebody else told me that I wouldn't believe it. I wouldn't believe it all if it didn't happen to me. Some of my friends said God saved me but I think it was just chance. I don't say luck because lucky would have been not getting shot.

Interesting that you mentioned Cool Edit because while it is a terrible program it evolved into Adobe Audition version 3 and that is excellent. It is the software that I use for recording and mastering.

Last edited by Peckerwood; 18th January 2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 18th January 2011, 09:19 PM   #14
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peckerwood View Post
I don't say luck because lucky would have been not getting shot.
Have to agree with you there! All that "he was lucky" stuff always struck me as odd.
Wouldn't he have been luckier NOT to get shot, blown up, fallout of the airplane, whatever? Sheesh!
Old 18th January 2011, 10:34 PM   #15
Cassiel is offline Cassiel  Libya
diyAudio Member

Quote:
That bullet that particular fragment came from entered my body on my right hip below my waist and didn't really hurt anything going from there to the center of my chest.
Interesting.

Quote:
All that "he was lucky" stuff always struck me as odd.
Yep. I've always feared a shark attack, the other day I watched an interview with a woman describing how she lost her leg. A great white bit it off. Then the narrator talks about sheer luck - her friends are there to help.
Indeed, she was very lucky. What an idiot!

Here's the video:

Top 10 Shark Attack Videos : Videos : Discovery Channel
Old 18th January 2011, 11:06 PM   #16
godfrey is offline godfrey  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peckerwood View Post
There were bullet fragments everywhere. 37 of them. There is one piece that is 2.5 cm sitting right in the center of my chest between my heart and my diaphram.
What on earth did you get shot with?
Old 18th January 2011, 11:22 PM   #17
jcx is offline jcx  United States
diyAudio Member

have you checked the loudspeakers/planars exotics subforum - people building direct drive ESL amps should be a good source
Old 18th January 2011, 11:28 PM   #18
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfrey View Post
What on earth did you get shot with?
37 fragments points toward a tumbler, no?
Old 18th January 2011, 11:46 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Curious about NDEs? Don't be.

Imagine that it happened to you and now you're back with a story to tell about your otherworldly experience.
Imagine your excitement about the things you've seen and heard.

Now imagine trying to tell people about it.
Even religious people won't believe you, because it didn't happen to them. Want a real quick way to alienate all your friends and relatives, I mean everybody? Tell them what you experienced while you were "out". If you think your closest friends and relatives--at least they will believe you--you are wrong. Years will pass before you meet someone that actually believes you.

Though you were forever changed by the experience, you learn in time to never talk about it.
Old 19th January 2011, 12:36 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingInterest View Post
Curious about NDEs? Don't be.

Though you were forever changed by the experience, you learn in time to never talk about it.
Oddly enough, the individuals who have been to the planet Quaa'ticmn and had anal probing as a part of experiments by the Blyhurgg race before being returned to earth say the same thing...

Hide this!Advertise here!