LANCE ARMSTRONG a true sports hero! - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st August 2012, 12:56 AM   #51
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

This is anything but an end all bit it does spell out how I feel in a short and concise little article. Argue all you you want.

Lance Armstrong's Decision to Abandon USADA Fight Does Not Equal Guilt | Bleacher Report
Old 31st August 2012, 03:06 AM   #52
TheGimp is offline TheGimp  United States
diyAudio Member

The worst form of evidence from the standpoint of accuracy is eye witnesses.

The USADA has hounded lance for years, and never found any tangible proof.

Screw the USADA.
Old 31st August 2012, 03:55 AM   #53
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Don't forget that Jackie Joiner Kersee managed to evade detection for years, all the while claiming she was clean. She was not. That does not mean that Lance is guilty, but there is plenty of history to say that some people are very skilled at avoiding detection and will flat out lie about it. The tests are struggling to keep up.

From what I've read, the whole anti-doping policy started in about 1960 when a cyclist (Belgian?) blacked out, fell of his bike, cracked his skull and died. Amphetamines were blamed. Drug bans were meant for the good of the athlete in the beginning, not really for the good of the sport. The high mindedness of today's drug policies evolved over decades.
Old 31st August 2012, 02:12 PM   #54
diyAudio Member

How did all the writers who support Drugstrong get access to all the fake evidence that the USADA made up?
They haven't?
Thank goodness for fantasy based writing.

Me, I'm waiting for Hincapie's testimony to be released.
Old 31st August 2012, 11:43 PM   #55
diyAudio Member

One more freaking admitted drug liar selling a book!
For years Hamilton was a good American racer the USA. Once he got to Europe he became great! No drugs, location made all the difference!

Tyler Hamilton's Book Reveals In-depth Doping Network | Cyclingnews.com

Do you remember when Contador had an appointment to meet with Fuentes? And was caught in Operation Peurto? Ooops!
But Fuentes was a gynecologist. Why did Contador have an appointment to see a gynecologist? Female problems? Or lack of doping?
UCI and the Spanish "NO Inquisition" let Contador go. Lance was retiring and they needed a new star.
HEEEEEEEEY. It's just business!
The "Testing Labs" needed the business and were happy to comply with any UCI request. Even 500 of them. Except for that dang German hi tech lab.
Contador tested positive for Clenbuterol and platicizers in his blood. Plasticizers could only have come from him dripping his own blood back into his veins with a little C when his doping cycle wasn't quite complete.
He blamed Spanish cow meat. In testing for 10 years Spanish authorities had never tested any cow positive for C. But Contador, and only Contador (not anybody who rode in the Tour of Spain) ate the one cow that slipped thru the testing.
Talk about bad luck! Or BS excuses (It did take him 6 weeks to come up with the excuse).

DId you know that over 100 bike racers in a stage race Mexico, about 2 years ago, tested positive for C? The only team to have no positives was the Mexican team? They knew all Mexican beef was filled with C and didn't eat any. The other teams didn't know and ate the beef. All positive tests were nullified.

Yeah, Drugstrong was clean.

Last edited by makingmoney; 1st September 2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 4th September 2012, 01:15 AM   #56
wg_ski is offline wg_ski  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippy View Post
I've stood in Crown Court and proven my good name - the charge was Armed Robbery, the case was brought twice against me, even if not convicted first time, second time a charge is brought for this offence is the punishment is LIFE SENTENCE, it took 4 years to sort the mess out -Turned out the Crown Prosecution Service didn't have any evidence. My 'peers' found me not guilty, TWICE.
In this case, the prosecutors were likely just doing their job - and the evidence was left to stand up in court. But if they wanted to just make you go away badly enough (say, if you stepped on the wrong toes) the outcome would have been different. Probably would have involved evidence tampering and a corrupt jury. They'd have found a way to put you under the jail - regardless of whether you did it or not or whether their methods were legal.

Lance is no different. There are some that want to make him go away that badly. In the end, the evidence will say whetever they want it to.
Old 5th September 2012, 01:12 PM   #57
diyAudio Member

The way Lance trained by himself and competed only in the TdF always had the aura of planned and well organized, systematic doping to it.
I never believed that he was clean, just better at getting away with it.
Very much like the East Germans did for many years.
Old 5th September 2012, 05:38 PM   #58
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
look at this as being cynical or whatever you want to call it but here's a fact (not impression) for you:
the guy was filthy rich before the decision.
he still is filthy rich.

I remember something a guy told me a while back: thinking about what a million dollars in your account would make you feel like or behave is useless because you'd think differently if you actually had the money.
here's a bunch of regular Joes talking about some rich guy that had the "misfortune" of having 7 yellow jerseys taken away from him.
well if you believed in him, go ahead.
if you've always been a detractor of his, just go ahead.

am I the only one seeing the pointless of this?

Last edited by mr_push_pull; 5th September 2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 6th September 2012, 02:05 AM   #59
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Yes, because you missed the point entirely , now be careful , they may come for your push-pull next ...

Last edited by a.wayne; 6th September 2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old 6th September 2012, 02:10 AM   #60
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg_ski View Post
In this case, the prosecutors were likely just doing their job - and the evidence was left to stand up in court. But if they wanted to just make you go away badly enough (say, if you stepped on the wrong toes) the outcome would have been different. Probably would have involved evidence tampering and a corrupt jury. They'd have found a way to put you under the jail - regardless of whether you did it or not or whether their methods were legal.

Lance is no different. There are some that want to make him go away that badly. In the end, the evidence will say whetever they want it to.

+10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Darwin View Post
The way Lance trained by himself and competed only in the TdF always had the aura of planned and well organized, systematic doping to it.
I never believed that he was clean, just better at getting away with it.
Very much like the East Germans did for many years.
Really planned systemic doping and you think the 2012 TDF winner is clean .... ............... Yep systemic doping, every 170 yrs ...

Hide this!Advertise here!