LANCE ARMSTRONG a true sports hero! - Page 15 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2013, 07:27 PM   #141
diyAudio Member
 
Robert Kesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
Not sure , i know the statute of limitation is 5 yrs on this and supposedly the last time he used drugs was in 05....
But when did he commit perjury? 2010?

I wonder if the people he sued (and won against) can get back their money.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 07:50 PM   #142
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Front Row Center
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
I do remember Jan Ullrich (2nd places record ever, AFAIK) and how I wanted him to beat LA
and Pantani, and Riis. all 3 doped. Indurain? IDK...
USADA new slogan ...... !!!

Rope a Doper Lately ....


This is all BS really, no way this is going to cleanup cycling, do they intend to go after the obvious Chinese dopers , is china going to disgrace their Olympians for doping ...

Agree with nakamoomin, no way this is all Armstrong , no differently than when we have Wall St fraud, there is always a scapegoat for the "owners" to hide behind. Scapegoats come and go, the game remains the same, very obvious, here we are into a second term with our New Commander in Brief and nothing has changed...
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 08:19 PM   #143
diyAudio Member
 
Kindhornman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California
From what I understand Lance has cheated from the beginning of his career until he got caught and that was the only reason he would have stopped. I have said for a long time that he probably gave himself the cancer, that is common with roid users and he admitted to using them. The disgraced doctor who gave him the mix even changed his mix of drugs as he thought the same. What really gets me the most is that he intentionally went after other riders when they did nothing to him, he was viscous to say the least and a liar at a minimum. I hope they take every dollar he has away and that may give him a little humility but I doubt that very much,. he is a true sociopath and narcissistic, and is still lying even now. He makes Jessie James, the bike builder look like a nice guy! He screwed over so many others and took away their livelihoods for his own aggrandizement, basically ruined Gregg Lamond's business, nice bikes by the way, just to shut him up. Lance is the pits, no business ever in any type of sport for that type of guy. I pity the guys who put these people on a pedestal even if they cheat, goes to show what they would do in the same situation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 08:22 PM   #144
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlp View Post
Oh, and he did get that kick to the nut - those titles were stripped from him, as they should.
To me it´s all the same now, he can keep the titles, there were so many dopers in that era so they´re more or less worthless anyway. No, I´m talking about a literal forceful kick from an normal adult man, placed squarely at the groin. One for each win. Let him keep the cash and the wins (they´re shams at best). The kicks are for the few clean riders that never stood a chance and the ones pushed to doping by the regime Lance was a part of. There are far more riders that deserve a kick in the nuts, but for now Lance will do as an ambassador for all of them.

As someone noted the sport was so dirty back then, so I find it hard to believe the sponsors were completely in the dark anyway.. If they were then I hope they´ve learned a lesson...
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 08:29 PM   #145
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Front Row Center
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindhornman View Post
From what I understand Lance has cheated from the beginning of his career until he got caught and that was the only reason he would have stopped. I have said for a long time that he probably gave himself the cancer, that is common with roid users and he admitted to using them. The disgraced doctor who gave him the mix even changed his mix of drugs as he thought the same. What really gets me the most is that he intentionally went after other riders when they did nothing to him, he was viscous to say the least and a liar at a minimum. I hope they take every dollar he has away and that may give him a little humility but I doubt that very much,. he is a true sociopath and narcissistic, and is still lying even now. He makes Jessie James, the bike builder look like a nice guy! He screwed over so many others and took away their livelihoods for his own aggrandizement, basically ruined Gregg Lamond's business, nice bikes by the way, just to shut him up. Lance is the pits, no business ever in any type of sport for that type of guy. I pity the guys who put these people on a pedestal even if they cheat, goes to show what they would do in the same situation.
What did he have to do with Greg, I'm interesting in hearing , I never heard about this ....



Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamoomin View Post
To me it´s all the same now, he can keep the titles, there were so many dopers in that era so they´re more or less worthless anyway. No, I´m talking about a literal forceful kick from an normal adult man, placed squarely at the groin. One for each win. Let him keep the cash and the wins (they´re shams at best). The kicks are for the few clean riders that never stood a chance and the ones pushed to doping by the regime Lance was a part of. There are far more riders that deserve a kick in the nuts, but for now Lance will do as an ambassador for all of them.

As someone noted the sport was so dirty back then, so I find it hard to believe the sponsors were completely in the dark anyway.. If they were then I hope they´ve learned a lesson...
The sport has been dirty ever since they started putting air in the tires, not just this era ..
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 08:55 PM   #146
diyAudio Member
 
Kindhornman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California
Wayne,
From what I understand he went after the financing of Gregg's bike company. He literally had a hand in his company going under as Gregg was saying that Lance was doping long ago. I forget her name but the wife who was in the interviews and said she heard him in the hospital talking to the doctors about his drug use said he made sure Gregg's company was shut down by whatever nefarious powers he had. He ruined people if he wanted to. If I was one of the people who got sued by him for saying what he did I sure would go after him for fraud now. He will have no defense, why he came out and admitted anything is beyond me, but I suspect that enough evidence has now been gathered that he was going to get it anyway. A cheat is a cheat. If you are an amateur rider you sure wouldn't want to have to race against a jerk like him. I remember stories they use to print about how Lance had a larger heart than others and that is why he was so much better than anyone else. It never made sense that he could ride at the level he was at without some kind of chemical help, no athlete can keep it up that long and always come out on top. Makes me want to go and buy a new Lemond bike if they were still available, but they are not, I'll just have to stay with my CIOCC or Eddy Merck's bikes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 09:19 PM   #147
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Birmingham, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
Only if their contract stipulates he had to be drug free when winning and the statute of limitations is 5 yrs from 2005 ....


So good luck on that ....
I understand neither case relates directly to doping.

The first one is because he won a libel case he fraudulently won against a newspaper which claimed he was doping.
So the accusation would not be doping but fraud and/or perjury.

I think the second one relates to win bonuses and since he is no longer the winner that would probably breach of contract amongst the accusations.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 09:48 PM   #148
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Queensland Australia
Isn't there an old proverb; "What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive?"

I am interested in this thread and a lot of common sense has been aired on both sides but it strikes me that the TRUST issue is what really gets people going. If many of us find the most fulfillment in life comes from relationships then honesty/trust/faith etc are keys to those relationships. And when lies (or another major breach of trust) occurs I think it strikes at the heart of our overt, or tacitly held, deep assumptions about life and its potential for being rewarding and having meaning......
__________________
"It was the Springtime of the year when aunt is calling to aunt like mastodons bellowing across primeval swamps." P.G. Wodehouse.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 10:36 PM   #149
kevinh is offline kevinh  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
What did he have to do with Greg, I'm interesting in hearing , I never heard about this ....
.

Trek Bikes had a licensing to market a line of bikes under the LeMond name. Armstrong was sponsored by Trek, when LeMond made the statement about Ferrari, Armstrong went out to destroy LeMond. Part of this was getting Trek to drop the LeMond licensing agreement.

Despicable on Armstrong's part.

Article on this from last Oct.

Walsh on LeMond: Enduring the vengeance of Armstrong
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 10:52 PM   #150
diyAudio Member
 
Kindhornman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California
Someone mentions in the article that they once saw Gregg smoke a joint or something to that affect. I would sure like to see any doctor or anyone else say that is a performance enhancing drug that you would do before a race. That isn't much different from having a drink before a ride, won't make you any faster but at least you may not crash like you would if drinking.......
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lance Armstrong and Team Radio Shack pro cycling team Andersonix Everything Else 18 29th July 2009 04:39 PM
Armstrong 521 Amplifier seanww69 Solid State 9 11th July 2007 10:13 PM
Three cheers for Lance. leadbelly The Lounge 2 29th July 2004 03:27 AM
most boring sports Daniel-A The Lounge 27 14th May 2004 12:08 AM
Our hero - Nelson Pass peranders Everything Else 13 3rd January 2003 09:28 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:26 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2