Jim Morrison Pardoned - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th December 2010, 09:51 PM   #1
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Default Jim Morrison Pardoned

I guess that it is safe for JM to show his face in Tallahassee now. WTF are we spending taxpayers money and court time on this???? He's been planted now for like what 30 years or so?

Doors' Jim Morrison pardoned for indecent exposure - Yahoo! News
Old 9th December 2010, 10:02 PM   #2
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Cool! Silly charges, anyway.
Not that it makes the least bit of difference now.....
Old 9th December 2010, 10:05 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

wonder if they'll let Hendrix back into the army...?
Old 9th December 2010, 10:14 PM   #4
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMcK View Post
wonder if they'll let Hendrix back into the army...?

Maybe him and JM can get a gig together in Florida.
Old 9th December 2010, 10:28 PM   #5
nac134 is offline nac134  Canada
diyAudio Member

Is this a pass on ******* on people?
Old 10th December 2010, 01:33 PM   #6
jlsem is offline jlsem  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2cthomas View Post
I guess that it is safe for JM to show his face in Tallahassee now. WTF are we spending taxpayers money and court time on this???? He's been planted now for like what 30 years or so?

Doors' Jim Morrison pardoned for indecent exposure - Yahoo! News
Welcome to the strange world of the liberal Republican.

John
Old 10th December 2010, 01:49 PM   #7
Cassiel is offline Cassiel  Libya
diyAudio Member

Tell that to Roman Polanski.
Old 10th December 2010, 02:22 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

What really happened at that concert? It is true that no one can agree. It may also be true that no one remembers. I know one thing. I can't say what I saw, and I was there. I was at the back of the crowd far from the stage. The song that started the commotion was Five to One. The band was late, maybe an hour late. Morrison screwed up the words to his own song, was obviously toasted, and did appear to be stroking something hard near his pants. Unless his unit was chrome plated, it was a microphone since it reflected the stage lights. But then again I was nearly as toasted as Morrison was. We left when the cops charged the stage.

I think there were maybe 3 or 4 concerts at that venue after the Doors show. The only one I saw was Steppenwolf. The venue sucked. Hot, no ventillation, no parking, loads of Miami cops........but then "hippie park" was a short walk away which was a flippin drugstore.

Quote:
Welcome to the strange world of the liberal Republican.
Crist changes political parties whenever it suits him. He has campaigned as a Democrat, a Republican, and an Independent.

Quote:
Maybe him and JM can get a gig together in Florida.
Don't forget Janis Joplin. I saw her at an outdoor concert in the Miami area also in 1969. She was even drunker, screamed more obscenities to the crowd and the cops, walked off the stage and refused to perform the rest of the show. Why? Because someone at the front of the crowd wanted her to sing Me and Bobby McGee, and she made it clear that she hated "that f*%$in song". No arrests were made though. Again, we left early.

Saw Hendrix in 68? or 69 at the Orange Bowl. Awesome concert. He was the opening act for the Monkeys!
Old 10th December 2010, 02:35 PM   #9
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Ahhhh - brings back memories of the Fillmore!!!! All you needed to get stoned was to walk into the place and breath deep.
Old 10th December 2010, 04:12 PM   #10
boris81 is offline boris81  United States
diyAudio Member

I think it's important to pardon Jim Morrison even if it's too late. That trial has entered the public opinion as a mockery of the judicial system. Showing that the judge was wrong to convict him clears the court's public image more than Morrison's.

A person is innocent until evidence is presented that proves beyond reasonable doubt the opposite. Making that point clear is worth every penny of my tax dollars.

Hide this!Advertise here!