Jim Morrison Pardoned

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you guys are interested in what you can bring on a plane or not the Transportation Security Administration might help you get the answers you are looking for.

Remember things are not what they used to be.

TSA | Transportation Security Administration | 3-1-1 on Air Travel

Look around that site. There's every answer you could ask for lurking there somewhere.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Overdoing on alcohol IS a problem on airplane flights.
Captain had always the right (safety of flight first) and the means to lock on a seat a misbehaving or disobeying violent passenger.
On Board personnel has the right to refuse embarkation of a ticket-carrying passenger who shows drunk/stoned (i.e. unpredictable) behavior.

But all this is OT.
regards
George

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
booz can't be off topic in Morrison's thread

even if boyz obviously misunderstood my question - I wasn't interested in drinkin' 4L of booz while flying ..... more thinking of having bottles in suitcase :rofl:

Dis might help - but - you should have a bit of a buzz on before reading it to help with your sense of humor. :D

TSA: Traveling with Special Items

"Please note, you can’t take alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcohol content (140 proof), including 95% grain alcohol and 150 proof rum, in your checked luggage.":drunk:

"You may take up to five liters of alcohol with alcohol content between 24% and 70% per person as checked luggage if it’s packaged in a sealable bottle or flask.":drunk:

Oh - AND you CAN bring swords and sabers TOO!!!! In checked baggage of course.

Last edited:
Regarding Jim Morrison, NPR reran this interview with Ray Manzarek last week. The first part tells his version of the story, the second half, how "Light My Fire" was written. I was a huge enthusiast of the Doors, even though I never saw them and would have been appalled at Morrison's behavior if I had known it at the time. The songs sounded different from most of what was being written at the time. Now I know why.

Bananaslug

Don't forget Janis Joplin. I saw her at an outdoor concert in the Miami area also in 1969. She was even drunker, screamed more obscenities to the crowd and the cops, walked off the stage and refused to perform the rest of the show. Why? Because someone at the front of the crowd wanted her to sing Me and Bobby McGee, and she made it clear that she hated "that f*%$in song". No arrests were made though. Again, we left early.

Saw Hendrix in 68? or 69 at the Orange Bowl. Awesome concert. He was the opening act for the Monkeys!

Man you "older" guys are so freaking lucky... I'll be bragging that I saw the Who's reunion tour in 2008 and Roger Waters and the Police, that's it..
Every band I love is gone now. Except the Rolling Stones and Richards (fingers) is not in good shape anymore.

Like Johnny Winter said (he's still ALIVE though) "everyone I thought was cool is six feet underground"

Man you "older" guys are so freaking lucky...
Every band I love is gone now.

When packing up to move here last year, I ran across one of my notebooks from my college days with a list of the concerts I saw that year. Roland Kirk. Charlie Mingus. Dizzy Gillespie. Dexter Gordon. Barney Kessel. Herb Ellis. Sun Ra. Sonny Stitt. Jaki Byard. Charlie Byrd. Woody Shaw. Don Ellis. All dead, every one of them.

I've made up for it in the past week by hanging out with a bunch of really talented musicians, all of whom are younger than my underwear.:D They'll be looking back in 30 years saying, "Remember that old dude we used to drink with who had that awesome stereo?"

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The Ray Manzarek interview on "Fresh Air" is great. Heard it years ago when it first aired. He's almost the PDQ Bach of Rock.

There are bits and pieces of that interview scattered around NPR. Been meaning to record them and cut them into a whole piece. Thanks for reminding me.

We were told "Federal Law." But have no proof of that.

You may be even more right about that than you realize. There are so many federal laws that even the federal government has lost count of them. They don't know how many federal laws there are much less what each one is. Even a lawyer can't possibly know about every federal law. Nobody can.

Well I am not old enough to have seen the doors but I saw Led Zeppelin. If you are way to young to have seen them I would gladly trade ages with you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.