Evidence for Time Travel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Let's see...woman holds hand to ear in 1928 - no clear evidence of a device of any kind, just hand to ear. You choose:

1. Clear and unambiguous evidence of time travel
2. Woman curiously holding hand to ear, no clear reason but many conceivable explanations (blocking breeze, earache, hearing boost, odd habit, etc.) more credible than time travel.

I'll take #2!

Let's see...woman holds hand to ear in 1928 - no clear evidence of a device of any kind, just hand to ear. You choose:

1. Clear and unambiguous evidence of time travel
2. Woman curiously holding hand to ear, no clear reason but many conceivable explanations (blocking breeze, earache, hearing boost, odd habit, etc.) more credible than time travel.

I'll take #2!

Look again. There's definitely a black box there. Around 3.30 shows it quite well...

time -

Maxwell's original equations ...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I beheld the whispered tales of immortality ,

The deepest mystery ,

From an ancient book.

I took a clue.

I scaled the frozen mountain tops

Of eastern lands unknown.

Time and Man alone.

Searching for the lost -

Xanadu ...

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Who in the world would she be talking to and on what network???

You obviously have not watched enough Dr. Who. The Doctor has cell phones that work across time and space and even converted Rose's phone so that she could talk to her mum from across time and space. No big deal. Didn't Martha Jones have one, too?

So the lady in the Chaplin film is not using an early 20th century cell network, it's more vast than that.

So - she is holding her hands to her ears and mumbles? That is evidence of time travel?
As always - if no fast and quick explanation is handy for soem perceived strange behavior, the most outlandish must suffice - if it is UFO's, alien abduction or 9/11 conspiracy garbage.

Man, there are just too many nut cases out there. Before the internet they would have been quietly interned in a nice padded room, now they are allowed to voice their: OPINIONS... without any evidence of course.
Why cant those idiots shut up for once, the noise gets too heavy.

Folks,

Old news, did you guys not hear of the latest archaeology from Cuba, North Korea and Zimbawe?

First, the Cubans recently announced they had dug down into strata containing evidence of the original cubans on the island around 500 Years before Columbus. Finding some badly corroded copper wire they announced that the original inhabitants had Telephone systems around 1,000 Years ago and it was lost when the spanish imperialists came and enslaved the original cubans until they where liberated by Comrade Castro..

Not to be outdone, the North Koreans dug down to around 1,500 Years ago, finding some glass, they announced that these remains proved that North Korea had fibre optic networks 1500 Years ago, before the foreign imperialists came and enslaved north korea until it was liberated by the great Leader.

Not to be outdone, Zimbabwe's Archeologist on a special grant of food from the President dug furiously to show their worth, but even after digging down to 5,000 Years ago they came up with nothing. Recently Zimbabwe's state media announced this as proof that the original Zimbabweans already had mobile phone networks as much as 5,000 Years ago, only to loose all this when they where enslaved by the british imperialists...

So you see, mobile Phones are 5,000 Years old technology, so that lady in the movie was probably a Zimbwean underground fighter against Anglo-American Imperialsm...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi,

Yep, it is all very clear: since for some the absence of evidence does not amount to evidence of absence (although: how many absences are necessary to count as evidence for same) the absence of evidence is the evidence for the most outrageous claims.

You may not have noticed, but while typing that I had my tongue firmly in my cheek.

Contrary to common claims SOME Germans do have a sense of humour.
:p ;) :D :)

Ciao T

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.