Tools of your trade.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was just visiting the site of my favourite tool in the world. That and my trusty (and well worn) Estwing 20 oz hammer are hard to imagine living, or at least working without.

I don't care if it's your favourite Brand of Pencil and Calculator. Let me see the best of the best in your field of work so I know what to buy if I ever need one.

P.S. My Picquic is ten years old, still has all it's original bits and will go with me into the ground. They'll nail me in my box with the Estwing.

My favorite tool:

4733296411_5dd0c044a6_b.jpg

John

This may become my favorite tool. Just picked it up last weekend:

5047764739_c940eecb17_b.jpg

It has a capacity of 16" x 30" but weighs a staggering 5600 lbs. The duct tape covers where a motor overload meter once was. The meter references the filament current draw from the three NL5665 thyratrons in the DC motor control, which I hope to God are still good since they cost $1000 each. I have since found the missing meter on eBay for $25.

John

Last edited:
For some years now my most important tool has been a computer. Not always the same computer, but an IBM PC of some flavour. The first one I owned (1988) was an Amstrad 'portable' PPC640 with 2 floppy drives. You had to keep the operating system (DOS) on one of the floppies. After that I had a greyscale Compaq laptop with a HD. I've never been without a laptop since.

PPC640.jpg

I wrote my first program ~1965. It solved quadratics. If I could get an implant I'd have one.

w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.