Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th September 2010, 05:23 PM   #1
mos57 is offline mos57  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default Doubts on Energy.

As a boy I thought was a good observer of the world. I really liked physics because it allows me to understand many things that were happening around me using simple rules or laws.

So I'm aware of how important are the conservation laws. But my observations over time have matured doubt that one of them is incorrect or at least should be set differently.
So more than 25 years ago, I wrote a letter to Professor Antonino Zichichi at its research center in Erice (Sicily) to tell him about these issues, but I had never answer: perhaps the letter never came into his hands.

So now that I've seen is that many here are prepared in physics, perhaps you can finally take off the head of these evil thoughts.

I thank in advance all those who wish to participate in the discussion to clarify concepts and examples which I will discuss below.

Thanks much, Francesco.
Old 10th September 2010, 05:43 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Bring concepts and examples in studio!
Old 10th September 2010, 06:01 PM   #3
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos57 View Post
So more than 25 years ago, I wrote a letter to Professor Antonino Zichichi at its research center in Erice (Sicily) to tell him about these issues, but I had never answer: perhaps the letter never came into his hands.
Physics professors get crank stuff all the time and rarely bother to read it or respond. There are two exceptions:

1. A particularly funny crank letter with innovative lunacy; these will get passed around for general amusement.

2. Letters that indicates an actual understanding of physics, correspondence with known laws (e.g., relativity reducing to Newton's laws at low velocities), explanatory power lacking in current thought, and a defined means of testing.

Anything else is likely to be chucked unanswered (or at best answered with a form letter).
Old 10th September 2010, 06:11 PM   #4
Gyuri is offline Gyuri  Hungary
diyAudio Member

I am brooding over it, which category my letter got into.
Old 10th September 2010, 06:42 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

One day while walking I looked at the lights by the wayside as the ones you can see in Figure 1 and thought:

the pole that holds the lamp makes an effort or not?

The strength is there but there is no shift so then there is no work, so no energy. This is currently the beliefs of physics.

The lamps shown in Figure 2 have two light one right and one left.
Now substitute the two lamps with two buckets of water and replace it yourself at the stake center. Hold the two then dried for 8 hours and then go home.
I think you will tell your wife that you are very tired, because you've done a big job and when she asks you to tell her what you did.
But then she being an expert in physics tells you that you have not actually done any work and therefore it is absurd that feel so tired!!

What's wrong ??????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fig1.jpg (26.6 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg fig2.jpg (39.4 KB, 254 views)

Last edited by mos57; 10th September 2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10th September 2010, 06:49 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Spasticteapot
Force/time does not equal energy. Force/distance, however, does.

In the case of holding up the water with your arms, you're actually not expending any energy to hold it up. You are, however, expending a lot of energy to keep the muscles in your arms contracted. In this case, it's a large amount of chemical energy (food) being turned into a lot of heat.
Old 10th September 2010, 07:42 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
Bring concepts and examples in studio!

there you are satisfied.

but you be careful: there may be other examples
Old 10th September 2010, 08:11 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
What's wrong ??????
Nothing.

Have you ever heard of tiredness of metal springs? It is a technical term. At least, in Russia, in "Resistance of Materials" course compulsory for almost all engineers.
Old 10th September 2010, 08:27 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
Nothing.

Have you ever heard of tiredness of metal springs? It is a technical term. At least, in Russia, in "Resistance of Materials" course compulsory for almost all engineers.
Like springs in the cushions of my car?
In fact, now I have to replace it.
Old 10th September 2010, 09:20 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Like springs in the cushions of my car?
In fact, now I have to replace it.
Ferrari?

I knew American tractors serve much longer. They are regenerative.

Hide this!Advertise here!