Just another Monty Python argument.... - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th June 2003, 08:01 PM   #41
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by pmkap
Hey Traderbam,

I’d appreciate it if you’d cease your denigration of the Librarian profession. A real Librarian is someone who has received a specific masters level education beyond the baccalaureate.
A competent librarian would never refer to an article without providing the article itself, or if there were copyright issues, the relevant subset under the ‘fair use’ provisos of national and international copyright laws.
You might feel free to take potshots at someone with this patently unfair characterization, but it only reflects your own lack of understanding. Certainly, like many other professions, the Librarian profession attracts their fair share of eccentrics, and I’m sorry if someone you assumed was a librarian scarred your youthful psyche…..
My wife is a research librarian and is a consummate professional.

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10

My mom did 3 extra years of study to get her Master's in Library Science... as more & more info floods over us, it is an even more important disipline than in the past.

dave

It is i confess, somewhat gratifying to see traderbam's sublime ignorance acknowledged by other members..
Old 27th June 2003, 08:05 PM   #42
Account Disabled

Default Re: Mark your calendars......

Quote:
Originally posted by Jocko Homo
If it is to impress those of us who have built electronics for many years, well.......hate to tell you........we ain't impressed.
Jocko

..It is relatively easy to gain many years 'experiance' building solid state electronic projects that function after a fashion, without having much in-depth understanding of their workings...

This, it would appear, is your lot....
Old 27th June 2003, 09:14 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

Mikek,

You continue to misconstrue what people wish to communicate to others. What I chastised Traderbam for was, when all is said and done, innocuous. He conveyed a stereotype that causes misperception, and is offensive (mildly) to few. Unfortunately, it is ingrained into Western culture, and is probably accepted by most of us. The fact that you would take such a mild rebuke, one that was only a correction of a commonly held perception, and use it to denigrate another's character is reprehensible.

Regardless of your obvious intellect, it is your mean spirited, massive bandwidth that continues to annoy me, and I assume, so many others. If you’ve nothing to learn here, why bother? One has only to compare your posts to AKSA’s to define, from context, the word ‘gentleman’.

The reason I addressed Traderbam was simply that in doing so, I saw the hope of correcting an unfair stereotype, a simple communication to a rational person. To engage with you, will only evoke that saw –

“Never wrestle with a pig,
You just get filthy,
And the pig enjoys it”

If your interpersonal skills are the result of Asperger’s Syndrome, please accept my apologies.
Old 27th June 2003, 09:20 PM   #44
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by pmkap
Mikek,

.... your obvious intellect.....

I congratulate you on your astuteness.......
Old 27th June 2003, 09:20 PM   #45
ALW is offline ALW  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default I refer the gentleman to my earlier question

Mike,

Since you won't answer (2) for whatever reason, here's (1) again, which you have so neatly sidestepped (again).

1. Why bother to do something if you can't hear the improvement?

Quote:
have a firms product unfairly exposed to subjectivist and perforce, jaundiced and manifestly bogus 'scrutiny' thus???Never
You see even your reason for not telling doesn't make sense.

Commercial secrecy, NDA's with the manufacturer would make sense, but 'bogus scrutiny', 'subjective perforce'?

Mike this product, if it exists and is aimed at the HiFi market that I'm a customer of competes with other products in competitive demonstration. I audition any product the same, with open mind and ears, as will any other potential customer.

Anyone else smell a rat here?

Now answer the bloody question, or can't you find a reference work to call upon for a quote?

Andy.
Old 27th June 2003, 09:28 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

Quote:
..It is relatively easy to gain many years 'experiance' building solid state electronic projects that function after a fashion, without having much in-depth understanding of their workings...
Equally it would seem some people have the ability to absorb large amounts of theoretical knowledge, but by their actions and contributions here demonstrate a total abscence of the real world function and behaviour of a circuit.

Your wonderful amp is so good you could not hear the so-called improvement brought about by your preached topology - I wonder why

Andy.
Old 27th June 2003, 09:28 PM   #47
Account Disabled

Default Re: I refer the gentleman to my earlier question

Quote:
Originally posted by ALW

1. Why bother to do something if you can't hear the improvement?

Why bother to improve on anything at all.......after all converting from single pole compensation to double pole, (one resistor+one extra cap.!!), for an order of magnitude reduction in THD at 20kHz...must cost £1 billion...right?
Old 27th June 2003, 09:31 PM   #48
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Default Re: I refer the gentleman to my earlier question

Quote:
Originally posted by ALW
Anyone else smell a rat here?
I don't smell anything. It's all empty words. I haven't a clue what Mike is after? Does he know?
Old 27th June 2003, 09:31 PM   #49
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by ALW

Equally it would seem some people have the ability to absorb large amounts of theoretical knowledge, but by their actions and contributions here demonstrate a total abscence of the real world function and behaviour of a circuit.

Your wonderful amp is so good you could not hear the so-called improvement brought about by your preached topology - I wonder why

Andy.
please, don't plead ignorance of this:

http://diyaudio.com/forums/showthrea...istening+tests

Old 27th June 2003, 09:33 PM   #50
diyAudio Member

Mike,

Are you totally incapable of answering a direct and simple question?

What point are you trying to make re: listening tests?

There's 92 pages of crap there, and I'm buggered if I'm going to re-read it again!

Type a reply with some bloody substance for a change and tell us WTF you are on about

Andy.

Hide this!Advertise here!