Permabanned at Parts Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
That only took 10 years.

I posted a question about the connection between Carver, Rodin (PG), Emotiva, Jamo (there are dozens more) and Parts Express amplifiers and got perma-banned.

Homni Enterprises / Integrity Electronic Co. designed and manufactured the following PE products (below).
I found this by just doing detective work from the comfort of my home. No insider information. No leaks. No dishonesty. But, I did it the hard way and found the location of the PCB manufacturer. Did a 100km radius search and found 'em. Took all of 20 minutes. Only later did I find that I could have search their UL listing printed on the amplifier. E205870. Real trade secrets...?

A short list (I've got better things to do):

APA150 Amplifier
SA25
SA70
SA240 and SA240-B
SA500
SA1000
HPSA1000
SPA1000

You can see their SA1000 (formerly known as the HPSA1000-R) on the second column from the left, third row down.

http://www.integ-elec.com/UploadProductPic/rdpic03.jpg

I don't have a problem with anything Parts Express is selling (other than it's not particularly well-designed). I simply wanted more information on the amplifiers so that I could help members modify their crossover points. But being cut off, permanently, from a forum of which I had been a decade-long member is troubling.

I have been threatened with being physically removed from the Parts Express property even though I have never threatened anyone by words or actions.

So, if you're a member of the Tech Talk group and want to help, please start a thread and post. Or write to: jeffs@partsexpress.com or richt@daytonaudio.com

Your support is very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Aaron H.

Is the MCA2258 related? Nevermind the circuit and components, the PCB layout is so bad it will never sound good without essentially starting over. I spent an entire day cutting traces and adding jumpers to get rid of all the current loops in one and would have been Much further ahead just buying some gainclone kits and doing my own board for the crossovers. Not even the transformers are worth the idle loss. Either the windings don't have enough turns or the lams are made of tin.

Complete waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.