dishonest *******s on ebay - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th June 2010, 05:52 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default dishonest *******s on ebay

I cant stand ebay anymore. They protect the buyers and the seller always get screwed. 2 months ago I shipped out a pair of 12"woofers. The buyer claimed they were damaged in shipping. I offered a refund if he shipped them back. Well he shipped back only one woofer and submitted the tracking to paypal and paypal gave him a full refund. Now just last week I sent a audio alchemy power station one to some jerk he claimed the box was empty and paypal gave him back his money. What kind of ** is this? Anyone can just lie and get stuff for free. Why dont we all just start doing this? If you need something and dont want to pay for it go one ebay and bid away.
Old 8th June 2010, 12:07 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Actually, I know plenty of people who have been screwed over by sellers too. Its not just ebay, its the real world, real estate agents, used car salesmen, and ebayers. There are always going to be those who are too inferior to the rest of us, they can't compete on level terms, so they obtain by means of dishonesty. Is, has, and always will be, the nature of these pus eggs. Some country's are probably even ruled by such twits!
Old 8th June 2010, 12:14 PM   #3
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

I have bought lots on Ebay.
I have lost a few times due to dishonest sellers.

I have never attempted to sell anything, but I see the new rules are set up to give too much power to unscrupulous buyers.
Old 8th June 2010, 01:18 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I guess you are right there are dishonest sellers as well as dishonest buyers and ebay is a safe haven for them.
Old 8th June 2010, 01:37 PM   #5
jlsem is offline jlsem  United States
diyAudio Member

I've been using eBay since 1997 and the only time I didn't get what I paid for is when the poor guy died before he could ship it.

John
Old 8th June 2010, 01:47 PM   #6
adason is offline adason  United States
diyAudio Member

I have been using ebay for about 10 years and noticed that last couple it got much worse.
There might be more reasons for it, but ebay policy and their greediness is partly responsible. ebay encourages dishonesty by their new policies, especially dishonest offshore sellers, non-paying bidders...
All they care at ebay is their earnings. They suck!
Old 8th June 2010, 02:20 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I've bought alot from ebay, I haven't been screwed so far, But I only buy from seller with lots of good feedback. I haven't attempted selling on ebay though.
Old 8th June 2010, 02:41 PM   #8
stoc005 is offline stoc005  United States
diyAudio Member

I've sold around 75 items, many audio or snowboard items. I have had no problems with any of my buyers. But, I do 2 things to prevent problems.
1. Delivery confirmation. You have to know if it got there as a seller.
2. Insurance. I shipped a JBL fiber glass 500 Hz horn and in spite of reasonably good packing, UPS destroyed it. The buyer emailed me pictures to show the damage and I got full value from the UPS store for the damaged horn. I mailed the check to the buyer and he was able to buy another with the money.
Yes, Ebay has a few bad buyers and sellers but being careful is required.
Old 8th June 2010, 02:49 PM   #9
adason is offline adason  United States
diyAudio Member

I have been selling stuff too, and in few cases bidders just decide not to pay because they realize they either overpaid, or just changed their mind. ebay protects them, you can't do much about it these days.
In some occasions when I bought stuff very chieply, like $0.99 for preamp or tuner, seller simply refused to sell.
It did not used to be like that. ebay used to be fun.
Old 8th June 2010, 02:58 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

The new policy of not letting sellers leave negative feedback lets the buyer do what ever they want.

Hide this!Advertise here!