A case in point: Bipolar disorder with manic episode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was perusing the ads on Audiogon when I came across clear evidence of a bipolar disorder manic episode. As I tried to read what this individual was saying I began to have this sense of familiarity, like I had somehow read something like this before. As it dawned on me, I pulled one of my old Psychiatry textbooks from medical school off the shelf.....there it was, although not the same subject content, definitely the same style. There was an example of an individual having a manic break who wrote a long passage about....well who knows. This is where I had heard something like this before!

Anyway, maybe you have seen it, maybe not. It is entertaining for about 3 paragraphs......
Here is the link: Dakiom MR273s are needed For Sale | AudiogoN

I just had to post this......
Jeff

bipolar friends and relatives

I married a girl who developed bipolar disorder with manic episodes in her twenties. Very sad to watch her being taken over. I got her to go to a phychologist one time, but she was depressed then and she was prescribed anti-depressants, which only made the depressed episodes shorter. When she was manic, she talked directly to "god" and didn't need any "help". When she got pregnant by somebody at a cowboy dance bar, I decided that was enough and changed jobs, moved 12 states away, and by the way, rejoined the Army. This was back when the best thing for bipolar disease was lithium. Her court appointed lawyer for a "false informing the police department" charge talked her into the divorce so he could get paid (by me). Later she met a guy who was on chlorazid at a mensa club meeting, he talked her into getting diagnosed and treated. I was right, bipolar syndrome with manic paranoid episodes, (when she didn't sleep for days). I had a bale of crazy letters she wrote me in case she came north and called the cops on me some day. They are married now, she almost sounds normal. I still live 12 states away. There should be a law making bipolar sufferers and sometime-paranoids go to a government employee every day and take their pill in their presence. As soon as anything bad happens, they decide the drug was the cause and stop taking it. It's their right to refuse treatment! It shouldn't be.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
I was perusing the ads on Audiogon when I came across clear evidence of a bipolar disorder manic episode.

I just had to post this......
Jeff

Wow, you must be a genius. I only detected an angry person who talks too much, guess half the world's population suffer from bipolar disorder according to your diagnosis.

30 YEARS OF LIES indicate the phoolishness of the audio world. Gullible people, baiters, liars and crazy talkers are curses on humanity. Enough is enough./QUOTE]

He's got a point there. He also seems to have lost his nerves. Does that make him a crazy person? Maybe yes, maybe not. Don't judge too quickly...

Pretty far out, either way. Sounds like he probably did take the brown acid, unfortunately:

"IT IS CRAZY TO TALK AND TALK WITHOUT PROPOSING INSTRUCTIONS FOR A REALITY CHECK."

But maybe not totally off base...

I married a girl who developed bipolar disorder with manic episodes in her twenties. Very sad to watch her being taken over

I hear you, I know how that goes. Very sad, actually. Hopefully, in the future there will be better medicine for people like this.

He is certainly irate. If I want to be shouted at for two hours I can go to a James Cameron or Michael Bay movie, which would be cheaper than buying his stuff. I like the idea of snake oil pushing objectivists, though. (Ducks hail of multimeters, spl meters and oscilloscopes)

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hey, I also have a favorite quote:

" You are NOT FREE until you TRASH crazy talks and learn how to sort out exactly what do you want and what is good for you. If you cannot sort out crazy talks, then RUN AWAY, you don’t have to make a decision when in doubt. Making a decision, while being ignorant, is bad for you. Also, don’t count on morality for the evil. Remember that it is PROPAGANDA, distractions and crazy-talk talking about morality for the evil. The real talks should be about how to check reality, not about morality for reforming or killing the evil. Evil is forever evil. You may be the evil. It is futile to get rid of evil. Please, don’t talk about morality, please, talk only about how to trash CRAZY TALKS, how to trash SNAKE OIL solutions. Education is the only solution to protect your self from evil. "

I have to thank jmillerdoc for the link, this guy is kind of funny.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I found it a painful read, the part that I did manage to read (about half) - so much anger, not to mention endless and contradictory rambling. Not IMHO the writings of someone on good solid emotional ground.

Some writings are amusing, but this really wasn't. I tend to run from people hawking their wares in such a fashion, if I can't bear to read their advertising copy I am much less likely to consider their product.

Whether the writer realizes it or not this is ad copy - the purpose of which is to motivate the potential consumer to buy his product. For me this sort of writing has exactly the reverse effect whatever merit the product being discussed might have.

I am not a psychologist but I think the OP may have a point.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.