What are you drinking? - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th July 2010, 04:32 PM   #111
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsem View Post
bottle of Westmalle Tripel
You shoulda been down here last night. Live concert at Whip In, which has an amazing Belgian ale selection, to which I helped myself. The music did not suck, either.
Old 15th July 2010, 04:39 PM   #112
diyAudio Member

They varied all over the lot -- but it was Bastille Day, and we had a lot to celebrate elsewise.
Old 15th July 2010, 04:46 PM   #113
jlsem is offline jlsem  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
You shoulda been down here last night. Live concert at Whip In, which has an amazing Belgian ale selection, to which I helped myself. The music did not suck, either.
I probably shouldn't complain about my wife online, but for me one of the greatest social pleasures I know of is to be with a group of friends and enjoy together a large variety of the finest alcoholic beverages. Great wines, ales, or whiskeys - the pleasure is in the sampling and savoring (not to mention the quality of the buzz). And here she is, all of the time, "I'll just have a glass of your least expensive Chardonnay."

Quote:
Whip In
I'll try it next time I'm in Austin. There is a new place here in Dallas called The Meddlesome Moth that features at least fifty Belgian Ales. A great al fresco area but unfortunately no music.

John

Last edited by jlsem; 15th July 2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 15th July 2010, 04:53 PM   #114
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Unfortunately, my wife is VERY aware of the differences in alcoholic beverages. This has been a damned expensive marriage.

When you come down this way, plan to spend an evening- we have the music scene pretty well nailed at this point, and our wine selection is not too terrible.
Old 16th July 2010, 07:26 PM   #115
Gyuri is offline Gyuri  Hungary
diyAudio Member

I drink beer, besides yet much beer, if I obtain this.
Old 16th July 2010, 07:45 PM   #116
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
30 years i didn't need no stinkin booze, just a return train ticket for the 100 miles to a Bad Boner concert in Dortmund.
YouTube - George Thorogood & The Destroyers - 1 Bourbon, 1 Scotch...

Aah, jeunesse, where did time fly off to ? Quick, give me a shot, better make it a double.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:55 PM   #117
diyAudio Member

Currently partaking of a Shock Top Belgian Style White (Wit) Beer. Of all things brewed by the brewers who bring you Budweiser! Yes, they can make good beer. Let's just hope they don't put all of the small breweries out of business!

Peace,

Dave
Old 17th July 2010, 01:16 AM   #118
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_gerecke View Post
Currently partaking of a Shock Top Belgian Style White (Wit) Beer. Of all things brewed by the brewers who bring you Budweiser! Yes, they can make good beer. Let's just hope they don't put all of the small breweries out of business!

Peace,

Dave
Bud is no longer a St. Louis company, it's a Poirot company. The folks in BIG MO were extremely upset.

The new stock of goats has arrived:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Goats.jpg (16.2 KB, 90 views)
Old 17th July 2010, 06:28 AM   #119
diyAudio Member

Hello Jackinnj, I am quite aware of the new ownership, and it's affects on the psyche of the residents of St. Louis and surrounding. It still doesn't change the fact that they do know how to make good beer. I just fear that they, or one of the other mega-brewers will try to assimilate everything. AAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Peace,

Dave
Old 17th July 2010, 04:27 PM   #120
jerryo is offline jerryo  Isle of Man
diyAudio Member

I am not drinking this at the moment but I was just a short while ago in Australia and I really enjoyed it.

Very cold pure sugar cane juice with fresh ginger and lime juice......YUM!

Hide this!Advertise here!