Yike Bike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These guys were the Hell's Angels of their time. City boys riding out to the country taking their alien ways and club colours (blazers and tasselled caps)with them.

Mind you, the late great Xero Slingsby (Google him and he's on Spotify) could ride a unicycle and play the saxophone at the same time. Parping on a bugle would have been nothing to him.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
The majority of those over 100kg in weight need to get off there abundant rear ends and walk. Forget the yike , the motorbike, the car, public transport or whatever. You are fat and overweight. Your health is at risk, as is that of your partner and children. Don't be so freaking lazy. Do something - you look like crap.

I've never seen a fat man riding a bike. Let cows be cows. Their health would be more at risk riding that crappy bike than sitting on a comfortable sofa anyway so let nature kill the unfit ones naturally. LOL.

hi jerry - dunno about where you live, but the average trip in a car here in NZ is less than 5 km. The range for the yike seems well suited to that.

As for the "larger" people, I edited out my earlier statement on those exceeding 100kg but I'll put it the esence of it here now in response to your statement.

The majority of those over 100kg in weight need to get off there abundant rear ends and walk. Forget the yike , the motorbike, the car, public transport or whatever. You are fat and overweight. Your health is at risk, as is that of your partner and children. Don't be so freaking lazy. Do something - you look like crap.

I think that covers it.

The Bike is really only good for short city commutes and weighing 100 KG is pretty easy if you are 6 ft and taller, well unless you are a vegetarian :D

I like the bike and the concept , i do believe it will have to cost less than 1500 dollars or it will be a novelty and the ergonomics look funky , i would like to see the bars come out and up a bit more , again this might kill the packaging , so be it ! better the packaging than the rider ... :p

I've never seen a fat man riding a bike. Let cows be cows. Their health would be more at risk riding that crappy bike than sitting on a comfortable sofa anyway so let nature kill the unfit ones naturally. LOL.

My first father in law went from 325 pounds to 200 in a year, with strict dieting and daily bicycling.

This guy lost even more:

Large Fella on a Bike

Weight: 170.2 pounds

Weight on Last Weigh-In [March 5th, 2009]: 178.4 pounds

Loss Of: 8.2 pounds

Total Loss Since November, 2005: 330.8 pounds

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
This guy lost even more

He looked healthier before the lost. Every time I see a fat man on a serious diet is always the same--this unhealthy look printed on their faces. Gone are the rosy cheeks, gone is too the eternal smile.

My reasoning is this: not all human beings are made to be thin, and to fight against Nature is always an unhappy road; I know, your doctor and your family want you different, social pressures, etc. I say to hell with those.

I am talking here only about people who can't help being fat no matter what, not about those who are because of their stupid lifestyle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.