Have you guys seen my tray with my router jig pieces? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th February 2010, 05:48 PM   #1
tresch is offline tresch  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Have you guys seen my tray with my router jig pieces?

Man. I had it out just last week... I must not have put it back in the shelf, and now it's gone. I've been searching the garage for an hour. Have you seen it?

It's a little plastic organizer shelf tray thing. I searched the benches thoroughly, the shelves, in the tool box, under everything... I just don't know where the heck it could have gone to. It had those little center pins for my circle cutting jig in it.

Where the heck is it!? I need it! Help!
Old 24th February 2010, 06:08 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Shoot, I can't find that little regulator board that I got from Jocko. It was on the kitchen table, along with 3 or 4 Digikey shipping boxes. I've got the boxes, but I just can't find the board. Let me know if it turns up.

(I did find the box with the VV30 tubes, intact, in the basement.)
Old 24th February 2010, 06:16 PM   #3
godfrey is offline godfrey  South Africa
diyAudio Member

I think I saw it in the back of your fridge when I went to get a beer earlier...
Old 24th February 2010, 09:12 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

ask the wife - she knows where everything is
Old 24th February 2010, 09:45 PM   #5
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresch View Post
Man. I had it out just last week... I must not have put it back in the shelf, and now it's gone. I've been searching the garage for an hour. Have you seen it?

It's a little plastic organizer shelf tray thing. I searched the benches thoroughly, the shelves, in the tool box, under everything... I just don't know where the heck it could have gone to. It had those little center pins for my circle cutting jig in it.

You will find it in the last place you look.....
Old 24th February 2010, 11:14 PM   #6
Banned

Actually the trick to this, for me anyway, is to give up looking for the item. Very shortly thereafter I discover I'm actually looking at it. Some part of me remembers what I did with it, but since I'm usually thinking about one or two other things while moving things around with only a fraction of my attention, I have to kind of engage neutral gear for my body memory to assert itself.

Just thought I'd mention that. Not important. In any way. Or even remarkable. Dunno why I brought it up.

w
Old 24th February 2010, 11:45 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Isn't there a corollary to Murphy's Law that could be restated for this application that says something like "Never let a piece of mechanical equipment know that you're in a hurry"?
Old 25th February 2010, 12:29 AM   #8
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
As they say.. "eaten by snakes"

I've lost screwdrivers while sitting working on something, the floor otherwise clear...

dave
Old 25th February 2010, 12:33 AM   #9
eyoung is offline eyoung  United States
diyAudio Member

In reference to Murphy's Law is O'Tooles observation "Mr.Murphy was an optomist".

Where did I put that screwdriver? Elwood
Old 25th February 2010, 12:35 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

...and who keeps moving my glasses? I have 5 pairs lying around, but they're never at hand when I need them....

Hide this!Advertise here!