New round of brick and mortar closings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll assume she knits as well. You mentioned skeins of Cashmere for $1 in another thread. My wife was asking how many grams they were.

Thanks,
Jeff

I don't know but my source of judgement seemed credible (they were a huge bargain). My daughter likes to show me hand dyed Japanese stuff that costs mid-double digits.

There was another thing about China that was different. There seems to be a strong "what the local market can bear" effect. We were well off the normal tourist path (beer was as little as 15 cents a can).

Last edited:
Knitting machine?

Yes, a machine that knits, and sometimes really fast.

I have 2 outdoor washing machines and a carder and as much raw sheeps wool as i need (from the old sheeps home on the Pat Bay_

Too much work getting it from the raw wool stage. That's why good wool yarn is expensive. It would need to be washed, carded, spun, maybe washed again and then dyed if you want a color, before it's ready to be knit into something.:eek:

Jeff

I'll assume she knits as well. You mentioned skeins of Cashmere for $1 in another thread. My wife was asking how many grams they were.

Thanks,
Jeff

I was looking for that thread. It was there, early this morning. Has it "disappeared"?

Edit: That thread really IS gone(!), an apparent "andy_c collateral casualty". I remembered that Scott had spelled it "cashmire", there. And that word is not found in a search of the forums, now.

Last edited:
Yes, a machine that knits, and sometimes really fast.

Too much work getting it from the raw wool stage. That's why good wool yarn is expensive. It would need to be washed, carded, spun, maybe washed again and then dyed if you want a color, before it's ready to be knit into something.:eek:

Jeff

Ditto on the washing. What comes off the sheep is real nasty, full of dirt, critters, lanolin, and whatever else the sheep happens to brush against (or roll in)....

I was looking for that thread. It was there, early this morning. Has it "disappeared"?

Edit: That thread really IS gone(!), an apparent "andy_c collateral casualty". I remembered that Scott had spelled it "cashmire", there. And that word is not found in a search of the forums, now.

:D She's on a hiatus and looking for a real job these days. I'm glad jslem didn't see that. My keyboard is slowly failing and I like small fonts even though it is getting hard to see them.

BTW I got a great deal once on ebay because the seller and I made the same spelling mistake :).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.