Never buy a Sharp VTR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Two years ago I bought a Sharp VTR. "Six heads, Nicam stereo" etc., it boasted.

I hardly ever watch TV, and bought the machine to record Grands Prix; this it did perfectly satisfactorilly.

recently I acquired some pre-recorded tapes; it refused to play any of them after fiddling with the thing, taking advice and fiddling some more, I decided that it was obviously useless rubbish. I took it into my kitchen and smashed it to smithereens with a four-pund club hammer. very easy to smash except for the drum thingy. This required several blows before the top came off revealing a lot of little coils of wire - very interesting, so I smashed those up as well. :devilr: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Here's the message I have sent to SHARP (Blunt??):

This is actually a rant. I bought the above VTR about two years ago.

Furious that it will not play a pre-recorded tape - ANY tape- except those recorded on it, I have just, 10 minutes ago, entirely demolished it with a four-pound hammer.

It is now in my dustbin, together with the instructions that promised years of trouble-free service.

Tomorrow I shall buy a new one. I am sure that you will understand when I say that the new one will not have "Sharp" on the front of it.

Yours &c
:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.