diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/)
-   -   The Jack Bybee NAQ (Never-Asked Questions) (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/156700-jack-bybee-naq-never-asked-questions.html)

andy_c 13th December 2009 06:09 PM

The Jack Bybee NAQ (Never-Asked Questions)

The Jack Bybee NAQ (Never-Asked Questions)*

This post is a departure from the usual FAQ concept in which commonly-asked questions are grouped together with answers, to help people having the same questions. Instead, the NAQ idea gathers together previously-provided answers to questions that were never asked in the first place. Why would anyone answer questions that were never asked? Well, just because they were never asked doesn't necessarily mean people aren't interested in the answers! So let's get on with the Jack Bybee NAQ.

Q: Who is Jack Bybee's lawyer?
A: Jack Bybee's lawyer is Jack Bybee.

Q: You mean Jack Bybee is a lawyer in addition to being a physicist?
A: No, this is another Jack Bybee. The post excerpt below explains this**.
Quote:

Originally Posted by john curl (Post 1818332)
Making negative references to Jack Bybee in this context, just confuses people, and is completely just a random attack on someone, whom you have never met, but I might introduce you to his cousin ( also named Jack Bybee) who is his lawyer, and who lives in Walnut Creek. I have met him and had lunch with him, and he is the guy who will conduct the lawsuit, if it becomes necessary. It has happened before, and the effects were serious.

Q: What kind of cars does Jack Bybee drive?
A: Jack Bybee drives a Mercedes and a Bentley. More information is provided below.
Quote:

Originally Posted by john curl (Post 1798004)
For the record, Jack Bybee called me last night. He is off to Macau with his charming wife. Gambling is her thing, you know. He left the Bentley at home, but sooner or later, he promises to give me a ride in it. His new Mercedes is pretty nice, but boring at this point.

Q: How many horsepower does Jack Bybee's Bentley have?
A: Jack Bybee's Bentley has 651 horsepower. See below.
Quote:

Originally Posted by john curl (Post 1928935)
PS folks, Jack Bybee has 651 HP, as measured by dynamometer by special upgrade house, in his Bentley. Car is still heavy, however, great touring car.

Q: What kind of car stereo is installed in Jack Bybee's Bentley?
A: Jack Bybee's Bentley has a Naim car stereo. See the reference below.
Quote:

Originally Posted by john curl (Post 1810448)
I got a ride in Jack Bybee's Bentley today. What a nice car! 650HP, and all we did was drive local streets. Naim made the auto stereo, and it was pretty good sounding.

Q: Does Jack Bybee's Bentley use Sequerra spark plugs?
A: This is not known.

Q: What was Jack Bybee's relationship to Richard Feynman?
A: This has been mentioned in several contexts, which I've included below. One post uses the term "internment", while another says "consultant", so the exact nature is not clear.
Quote:

Originally Posted by john curl (Post 1785328)
NOW, what about his internment at Cal Tech with Richard Feynman?
He explained that, in some detail, to me, this morning, not 10 minutes ago. It will have to wait for another response in future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by john curl (Post 1457543)
My associate, Jack Bybee, used to be a consultant to R. Feynmann as a cryo expert. Any questions that you would want me to pose to him? I dine with him tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by john curl (Post 1785372)
Apparently Jack Bybee was sent to Cal Tech to work with Richard Feynman, because Jack had extensive experience with state-of-the-art superconducting materials. This is the area of expertise that Feynman needed to help find 'missing mass' that he was looking for.

Q: Has Jack Bybee ever made any significant profit from his sales of audiophile accessories?
A: According to one account he has not. See below.
Quote:

Originally Posted by john curl (Post 1785381)
For the record, I don't think that Jack has EVER made any significant profit from this, any more than I have made on my own independent projects, that I have made for audiophiles.

Other interesting questions could be brought up too. One might wonder, "How many miles does Jack Bybee drive his Bentley between oil changes?" Or, "What brand of battery does Jack Bybee's Bentley use?" One might even wonder, "What color socks does Jack Bybee prefer?" Unfortunately I don't have the answers to these questions.

(*) Satire
(**) Note that you can navigate to the post in question by clicking on the ">" icon next to the name of the person being quoted.

analog_sa 13th December 2009 06:45 PM

This is rather funny but you obviously have loads of time to kill. Unless of course you're writing a book about Jack Bybee.

andy_c 14th December 2009 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by analog_sa (Post 2011713)
This is rather funny but you obviously have loads of time to kill. Unless of course you're writing a book about Jack Bybee.

Thanks for the idea!

john curl 14th December 2009 04:49 AM

So, are you calling me a liar as well?

andy_c 14th December 2009 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john curl (Post 2012175)
So, are you calling me a liar as well?

Thanks for bumping the thread, John.

john curl 14th December 2009 04:58 AM

I use Dick Sequerra's spark plugs in my Porsche 944.
Jack Bybee turns 80 years old, this month, and he still finds my amps hard to break-in. I happen to know that his ability to hear audio differences is greater than most people here, even at 80 years old. Quite an accomplishment.

andy_c 14th December 2009 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john curl (Post 2012185)
I use Dick Sequerras spark plugs in my Porsche 944.

But what spark plugs does Jack Bybee use in his Bentley? That's what I'd like to know. Also, does Dick Sequerra sell his spark plugs through J.C. Whitney?

john curl 14th December 2009 05:07 AM

Please don't be rude. I have founders stock in Dick Sequerra's company.

andy_c 14th December 2009 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john curl (Post 2012190)
Please don't be rude. I have founders stock in Dick Sequerra's company.

It's public? Seems too small to be public. Looks more like the scam that my former employer tried to rope us into (stock options for which the number of shares outstanding and other key metrics were kept secret).

john curl 14th December 2009 05:12 AM

It is a fact that Jack Bybee knows Dick Sequerra, but they are not close friends. Dick Sequerra has used Bybee devices, and essentially knows how they work. He clued me in, years ago, but I am not going to divulge what I learned from Dick.
It is a shame that you, Andy_C, are so closed minded in your opinions that you cannot conceive of a better spark plug.