The Jack Bybee NAQ (Never-Asked Questions)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What is wrong with you guys? What is the difference? My 924 was a Martini special edition and it handled VERY WELL. The weakness was the engine block, to be sure, and I did everything in my power to improve performance, by advancing the ignition, improving the ignition, exhaust, air filter, and several other things. Still, the motor had 135,000 miles on it, when I got it, so improved sparkplugs seemed to help.
How many here can work and tune your own auto engine?

Last edited:

Attachments

• pauley_perrette_03.jpg
    pauley_perrette_03.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 407
I know have known Jack Bybee well, for more than 15 years. I was skeptical at first, but then, I trust my ears in the privacy of my own home.
The quantum 'purifiers' work with an exotic rare earth oxide. There were two reasons why it was classified for about 40 years: One, the fact that they work at all, to reduce a certain kind of noise, and two, that the primary ingredient that made them work, came from the Soviet Union, during 'the cold war'. The Soviets would have stopped shipments of the stuff, if they knew what was being done with it.
I can state this now, because a year or so ago, Jack Bybee told Dimitri this, over lunch. Dimitri can verify this for you, if you insist.
Today's Bybee devices are smaller and apparently better than the original devices. If you could ever see one, up close, you would come to realize that it is not something that you initially make in a garage. I showed SY some exposed units, but then he doesn't believe in virtually anything of this kind.

Cal, you need a memory-enhancer ;)

Not too bad for a car I haven't thought about for 20 years. :)

designed <snip> by PAG
:yes:

built by PAG
:no:
I didn't know it was built by the VW people in the Audi factory. Sorry to all those who believe it's not a Porsche, perhaps I will join your camp if I'm allowed.

using the Audi division engine

and a handful of VW "off the shelf" parts.

First things first

Oh Edmond, do tell us what you mean by that. Are you referring to the project originally intended as a VW or is there more you wish to enlighten us with?

What about the correct translation of my previous sig line?
Hint: A pair of glasses (and a little bit of IQ) might help.
I'm still waiting for it, and of course also for your apologies.

edit: You have mail.

Last edited:
Porsche 924 is actually considered a fine classic in its homeland, ofcourse
[snip]

Huh? As far as I know, in Europe this car is considered nothing else than an ordinary poor mans/girls 'hores-car'. (Cal, apologies for my vulgar language).

BTW, a friend of mine has a special racing version of the 928 (or so), much faster than most of the 911s. However, on the 2nd hand market this car is worth nothing (perhaps 2000 euri). I think that says enough....

'hores-car'

Best I can tell you're trying to type either "horse-car" or more likely and funnier "w h o r e s - car"

Either way your suggestion of eyeglasses and a little bit of IQ is spot on there tiger.

As far as your previous sig line: I dunno Edmond, adding up the online definition and two other mods familiar with your aphorism, I think I'll take their words for it if it's all the same to you.

Time to read my email methinks.

It is too bad that people do not understand the differences between car engines. Most of you don't appear to know much about the subject. I got the 924 after my SAAB Sonett, that I had from new for 23 years and heavily modified, was destroyed in a firestorm. I learned a lot about real sports cars with the Porsche, even though I had driven a 'sportscar' since 1965, as my daily driver.
I gave my 924 to my nephew, years ago, and told him to drive it into the ground, as practice with cornering with this car could well give him valuable experience how a 50:50 weight balanced car with quality tires can handle. He has his own private test track with his father, and the car is used for that purpose, as intended.
It is true that the VW engine, even modified by Porsche was not optimum. That is most likely why the sparkplug change made so much difference with it.

Last edited:
Edmond is right, it is often called a 'woman's car' by those who indulge in such insults.
It was the best that I could buy, after being burned out, back in 1991. Would those who emigrated from Eastern Europe to Canada or the USA care to share what their first car was, once they left their homeland? Now be careful, Edmund might attack your choice, but we can rise above his insinuations, can't we?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.