Modeling emotional engagement - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th April 2003, 05:53 PM   #1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Dieckmann
I think I miss most of your points. I wonder why that is..........

...here we go again.....Its Mr. Dickman...

Had a bad day huh?
Old 30th April 2003, 06:15 PM   #2
Account Disabled

Quote:

still having trouble with spelling I see........

Old 30th April 2003, 07:03 PM   #3
Account Disabled

Default Re: Where to start.......

Quote:
Originally posted by Jocko Homo
Maybe if you had stated that the purpose was to show how one can design with an op-amp, and then an output stage with gain; then maybe my inbox would not be full of confused questions directed at me (intead of you!).

Jocko

...Surely.....i am no more responsible for what is in your 'in-box' than for the contents of your water closet...
Old 30th April 2003, 10:11 PM   #4
Banned

Default I believe the culprit's name was......

Prof. Garde. Anyway, whoever the ponce was, he claimed that you should never need more than a 25 ohm degeneration resistor......maybe 100 ohms in a special case.

His proof?????? Damifino..........

So.....if the good Prof. from GA Tech (which turns out some real dud engineers) is so stupid, then why is it still being built by people here. And countless others.

Where is the corresponding "nested feedback loops" camp on this, or any other, forum?

And a cetain person.........held in very high regard by near everyone here.........has he ever done any of that stuff? And look how successful he has become.

So.....Prof. Mike........what is the point of "output stages to enhance slew rate" about anyway?

If the point is to show how smart you are, then I will start refering the countless requests for advice/guidance/ etc. to you.

Then you can spend countless hours answering e-mail, helping the DIY crowd, and I can go back to being just a regular PITA.

Jocko
Old 30th April 2003, 10:37 PM   #5
diyAudio Retiree

Default Re: It is not provocation, bub........

Quote:
(Phred is responsible.....through his wife's generosity.....for what is in the water closet today.)

Jocko
That's the most convoluted and tasteless thank you note for pizza that I ever hope to read. I suppose its the thought that counts though. Your welcome .......... I think. Your a grand guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg magicchristian.jpg (48.2 KB, 313 views)
Old 1st May 2003, 12:05 AM   #6
Account Disabled

Default Re: I believe the culprit's name was......

Quote:
Prof. Leach wrote a JAES article in the early 80s or so explaining how to size the input degeneration. Right after that, the egghead Ph. D.s from "down under"savaged him. Don't believe me??? Go look it up.

No, you do not increase increase offset by degenerating. And the noise of a system is determined by the first stage, and unless the subsequent stage has gross noise, it will not increase the noise figure.

Go read National Semiconductors explanation of slew rate enhancement with degeneration.

And since when did making something linear in the first place become a bad idea?

And yes, Signoro Lloyd, why don't we see Boulder clones? Because it is too much a of pain to make. Not impossible, just a pain. The idea is to make money, and hopefully good sounding gear. Not some convoluted effort to impress your old college professor.

Anyone can build one of something. Try making them by the thousands. Then I will be impressed. Compare the small number of amps that Boulder and their ilk build compared to the rest of the world.

And I am still waiting for someone to build Prof. Cherry's kludge.......the one with 5 nested feedback loops.

And yes, Mikey, you are responsible today for what is in my inbox. Maybe if you had more clearly stated your purpose, you could have avoided this rock throwing contest.

(Phred is responsible.....through his wife's generosity.....for what is in the water closet today.)

Jocko

Quote:
Prof. Garde. Anyway, whoever the ponce was, he claimed that you should never need more than a 25 ohm degeneration resistor......maybe 100 ohms in a special case.

His proof?????? Damifino..........

So.....if the good Prof. from GA Tech (which turns out some real dud engineers) is so stupid, then why is it still being built by people here. And countless others.

Where is the corresponding "nested feedback loops" camp on this, or any other, forum?

And a cetain person.........held in very high regard by near everyone here.........has he ever done any of that stuff? And look how successful he has become.

So.....Prof. Mike........what is the point of "output stages to enhance slew rate" about anyway?

If the point is to show how smart you are, then I will start refering the countless requests for advice/guidance/ etc. to you.

Then you can spend countless hours answering e-mail, helping the DIY crowd, and I can go back to being just a regular PITA.

Jocko

Old 1st May 2003, 12:33 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default excuse me for butting in here..

but did you just wake up this morning and decide - "hey, why don't I just go pick a fight?" Thats the only thing that explains the "poking a bear" actions in this thread. Because otherwise, the S/N ratio of your posts excedes my ability to measure it.
Old 1st May 2003, 02:49 AM   #8
Banned

Default Good designs shouldn't need servos....

Your knowledge.....or lack some may say.....is more laughable.

Yep.......you are now the DIY expert. All enquiries for help from me will be directed to you. Enjoy.

Jocko
Old 1st May 2003, 07:50 AM   #9
Account Disabled

Default Re: Good designs shouldn't need servos....

Quote:
Your knowledge.....or lack some may say.....is more laughable.

Yep.......you are now the DIY expert. All enquiries for help from me will be directed to you. Enjoy.

Jocko

No Homo...i hope to learn from your contibutions just i hope you might find some of mine usefull...

I didn't start this thread with the intention of demonstrating a preference for output stages with gain.....

...as i pointed out earlier, the idea was to share info. on a technical piece of info. that no one here seems to have noted....period.

.....However it was quite obvious from the very start that you Homo, and Dickman set out to be deliberately, and willfully obtuse..........

.........i am correct in assuming that the later is not merely an involuntary, and therefore congenital difficulty?

...no.....by all means keep you 'inquiries' in your in-tray, water-closet, or whatever else you use for the purpose....
Old 1st May 2003, 03:39 PM   #10
Account Disabled

Default Re: Hey Professor.....

Quote:

The output impedance of the current source starts to drop above a few kHz. The current source on the front end differential pair contributes to the PSRR and CMRR of this stage.
Noise from the supply and common mode noise on the input extend into the RF range and the performance even at these frequencies is important.
Nothing to do with 'dignity'......good to see you've toned down your language somewhat.........I have quoted the material that i agree 100% with above...ergo...the wheat from the chaff...Cheers mate.

Quote:
Did you and I read the same book??? Isn't that what they said?

Somehow I think our disagreement is all a matter of semantics. We see the same thing and come to different conclusions.

For the record:

Phred has nothing to do with any of my responses.

I believe that the title you have chosen for this thread has caused great confusion.

DIY members asked my privately if I understood what the point was. Indeed, some did so early on in this thread.

Yes, you brought up many things that you have chosen to share. I'm sure many are grateful. I would not ever suggest that you should not do such.

I will suggest that perhaps next time you will think how the average DIY type might interpret the message you want to convey. It would be welcome by many.

Jocko

Thanks for toning down your diatribe...cheers.

However, i think you should speak for yourself.......

.......members who need any clarification know what to do....surely?

Hide this!Advertise here!