Modeling emotional engagement - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd May 2003, 07:04 AM   #31
Account Disabled

Default Re: I Repeat The Question...

Quote:
Originally posted by mrfeedback
Posted previously, but no answer so far...

"I would appreciate this time a polite explanation of the character strings as in your profile, or if meaningless an explanation of your motives in doing so.
Phred has asked of your actual practical experience in construction or repairs of audio equipment - please enlighten us all."

Eric.

fjgfr fgjhfj. etutug....cheers.
Old 2nd May 2003, 07:05 AM   #32
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
Mikek,
You started an interesting thread, but don't know how to keep it interesting

...may have a point there you know....

Nahhhhh....
Old 2nd May 2003, 09:33 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

Quote:
fjgfr fgjhfj. etutug....cheers.
Ok Mike, I am sick of this game of yours - please translate.

Eric.
Old 2nd May 2003, 08:43 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Default BTW, anyone have a math model for emotional engagement?

Quote:
Originally posted by AKSA

BTW, anyone have a math model for emotional engagement? I'm sure I saw one in PSpice the other day..........
Hugh,

You raise a very interesting point. The very entertaining reparte I've read in this thread cetainly allows sufficient information to characterize the emotional engagement of many of the participants; not only the engagement betwixt and between the various participants, but a reasonable guess of emotional engagement between some of the posters and those near and/or dear to them.

Take H.H., for example....
Many appreciate his practical comments - "I've used X component and found them to be ...." and his willingness to engage in technical discussion and graciously? provide guidance. I certainly admire any contemporary who still remembers his Latin (Would you smart guys please translate?) But, I would think that most of us here have also gotten some measure Fred's personality. I happen to like his curmudgeonly ways. I can estimate his age, and how those around him interact, etc... (when it comes to his wife, I can only think - long suffering and bemused)
Certainly, we can also make similar ascessments of the emotional engagement between other posters and those with who they personally interact, even to the detail of their age, background, and the number of and type of interpersonal relationships.

Can we translate these implicit metrics to a model? I don't think that PSpice is currently up to the task of modeling emotional engagement because we lack agreement on what exactly those metrics are, and what mechanisms are behind them. Perhaps a black box approach using neural nets (Kalman filtering) with ouputs consisting of subjective reading panel evaluations of emotional engagement and the inputs would be objective measurements of the subject. For interpersonal emotional engagement we'd need a mechanical method of rating lexical, grammatical, content, deconstrutive, etc... inputs.

The task is certainly beyond my abilities. But I do believe it would be possible to develop a model that really could mechanically differentiate between the very model of a modern major general and someone who insists on playing 'The Bishop and the 'Busman''.

Thanks for raising such an interesting point,
Paul
Old 4th May 2003, 12:45 AM   #35
diyAudio Senior Member

Default GNOTI SEAUTON.

Hi,

How on earth did I miss out on yet another rock throwing contest?

Oh, and for those fond of quoting Latin, check your spelling guys...

This quid quo pro vendetta thing is very telling about your persona, glad to see you're all human...

Tssskkk...

Quote:
'The Bishop and the 'Busman''.
Could it be "The P*sshop and the "Bushman"?

Cheers,
Old 5th May 2003, 12:17 PM   #36
PassFan is offline PassFan  United States
diyAudio Member

Mike:
I see you've gone elsewhere and made more new friends. You are quickly becoming one of the more popular members here in the forums.

Hide this!Advertise here!