John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
These things are sold on the basis that they 'cool the dogs blood'.

If they taste good to the dog such that they drink more water, then they do cool the dog's blood...it's just a roundabout way.

As to using a scope to directly view low millivolt signals, why not just make a little battery powered x10/x100 switchable preamplifier and use a lower impedance 2 meter long differential cable to the diff receiver built for the scope? That way, you up eliminate many test issues, like enviro noise and ground loop.

I imagine there may be some sort of expertise available just on this thread alone for designing one up. I could see quite a market for such a simple thing if it is not already out there.

John

Joined 2016
Paid Member
If they taste good to the dog such that they drink more water, then they do cool the dog's blood...it's just a roundabout way.

As to using a scope to directly view low millivolt signals, why not just make a little battery powered x10/x100 switchable preamplifier and use a lower impedance 2 meter long differential cable to the diff receiver built for the scope? That way, you up eliminate many test issues, like enviro noise and ground loop.

I imagine there may be some sort of expertise available just on this thread alone for designing one up. I could see quite a market for such a simple thing if it is not already out there.

John

just so -- have one I bought years ago, from a company now defunct. Works well off of 2 wee 9V batteries...

The curious thing is that all you guys who denounce the character of Mr Bybee have never tried his devices/products.

I put the challenge down where are the takers? Walk into your local hospital and put whatever "quantum" device you want where ever you want and get a radiologist to say "Wow, the diagnostic capabilities of this instrument are noticeably improved".

Hint: The guys at NASA don't cryo Hubble images so the next batch looks better.

Thanks.

By "simple", I meant diy, and a tad bit less than 700 USD...:eek:

John

For some applications a decent in-amp and 2 - 9V batteries is perfectly serviceable and has very few parts. The AD621 does 10/100 with no external parts. I also compensated for the metal TC in the gain of 100 which I've had to remind folks of when they wonder where the fiddly bits came from.

What like a ferrite.... The guys a scam artist as are his products and a perfect example of where audio is going wrong.....

Here is an example of one scam product...
BYBEE QUANTUM SIGNAL ENHANCER

Total scam, rip off and highest concentration of BS I have ever seen....

Quite frankly, this is absurd.

Personally I have never met or spoken to Jack Bybee, I do not now and have never bought, used or owned his products in anything I own. Nor do I know of any that are in systems that friends have, that I am aware of.

WHO CARES about him, his marketing, or his personality??
Makes zero difference.

What I said is that I HEARD A CLEAR DIFFERENCE when I slid a device made by him up and down a line cord. It might as well have been a FERRITE CLAMP ON, for all I care. But it wasn't.

The issue is not what brand or type of thing somehow alters the sound heard. The question to be addressed, most importantly, is WHAT if anything somehow alters the sound heard, and to what extent, and WHY??

IF you have never heard anything alter the sound of your system, other than gross changes that are simplistic in nature, then you haven't. IF you have, then you have.

Seems that anyone who is not afraid to answer, speak up says essentially that NOTHING alters the sound of their system, OR that they have never made any changes or tried other gear, etc.

Otherwise, the silence is deafening on this topic.

Like jitter how many picoseconds of jitter causes what to happen to the sound, measured how?? I do not know that answer, or I would say what I believe it to be. Frankly it is astounding that ANY picoseconds of jitter could result in any audible change in the sound!!

What changes? The frequency response? By how much??
What changes? The distortion? By how much??

Why bother trying to measure below -100dB, down to -120dB or below that IF that's simply NEVER EVER AUDIBLE?? So, is anything audible at those levels or not?? If so, what is??

If the answer is "I don't care", then that's fine, but let's not continue to avoid the consideration of what is or what is not audible, and at what thresholds or situations otherwise.

What like a ferrite.... The guys a scam artist as are his products and a perfect example of where audio is going wrong.....
Here is an example of one scam product...
BYBEE QUANTUM SIGNAL ENHANCER
Total scam, rip off and highest concentration of BS I have ever seen....
A much higher concentration of Bybee BS.
Bybee Crystal Series AC powercord

The “stuff” developed by Bybee contains “crystal-like” materials that are activated by electromagnetism and have the uncanny ability to affect the alignment of protons in specific proximal atoms. Based on this ‘old fashioned’ model of the atom, such an alignment results in the nucleus having the properties of a bar magnet. This in turn results in an “easier” (more stable) path for EMF and therefore a reduction of the deleterious effects of capacitive and inductive reactance as well as molecular noise. If the components of an unaligned nucleus, protons and neutrons, churn about producing continuously fluctuating magnetic poles, it is easy to conceive that an array of fixed-pole nuclei will provide a consistent and predictable path for the passage of charged particles, as well as exerting a profound influence on the behavior of electrons in the “orbit” of the nucleus.
These conductors are insulated with PVC rather than a material with better permittivity, like Teflon, for a very particular reason: PVC is a carbon-based compound, therefore statistically 1.1% of its carbon atoms are 13C, a stable isotope of carbon. This is wrapped in a layer of Bybee “stuff.” And the interaction of these two materials is where the magic happens: in the presence of “stuff,” 13C protons align into a stable polarity, they become magnets.

Last edited:
Regarding where audio is going wrong, Bybee seems to have very little real impact on major problems with bad audio. For example, the "loudness wars" have been going on since vinyl and have gotten significantly worse since the Waves L1 digital limiter. That is a hugely pervasive problem that should raise more a lot concern than anything Bybee could possibly do, it seems to me.

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
A much higher concentration of Bybee BS.
Bybee Crystal Series AC powercord

The “stuff” developed by Bybee contains “crystal-like” materials that are activated by electromagnetism and have the uncanny ability to affect the alignment of protons in specific proximal atoms. Based on this ‘old fashioned’ model of the atom, such an alignment results in the nucleus having the properties of a bar magnet. This in turn results in an “easier” (more stable) path for EMF and therefore a reduction of the deleterious effects of capacitive and inductive reactance as well as molecular noise. If the components of an unaligned nucleus, protons and neutrons, churn about producing continuously fluctuating magnetic poles, it is easy to conceive that an array of fixed-pole nuclei will provide a consistent and predictable path for the passage of charged particles, as well as exerting a profound influence on the behavior of electrons in the “orbit” of the nucleus.
These conductors are insulated with PVC rather than a material with better permittivity, like Teflon, for a very particular reason: PVC is a carbon-based compound, therefore statistically 1.1% of its carbon atoms are 13C, a stable isotope of carbon. This is wrapped in a layer of Bybee “stuff.” And the interaction of these two materials is where the magic happens: in the presence of “stuff,” 13C protons align into a stable polarity, they become magnets.

This should help to sell headache remedies. What equine fecal matter.

Bear, the Bybee devices that are in the plastic flimsy do actually appear to work. They DO have something special inside, it is a piece of foil that has an added layer of something secret. They usually have a little wire that acts as an antenna. I don't have any, myself, but they appear to work in Jack Bybee's own personal hi end playback system that I heard about 1 1/2 years ago.
Jack's advertising always is 'straightforward' by his standards. He just works in a different quantum reality. I don't know his friends and associates in this arena, and their work is still probably mostly classified, but Jack comes up with new stuff on a regular basis, that may actually also have some practicality for new age medicine treatments. I have tried some of them, myself.
I generally don't have to purchase Bybees for myself. I either do some engineering design for a product of his, (there are many, some of which have extensive electronics) or Jack just gives them for me to try. I have them all over my living room, in my video, hi end audio, and mid end audio (like Scott Wurcer uses) and I find them sonically useful, most of the time.
Could I live without them? Of course! But why should I? My system sounds 'best' with them, without me continually adjusting it. I consider that worthwhile. Now, should any of you 'critics' bother with Bybees? No, but I will tell you that you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to Jack Bybee and his audio products.

Didn't see you commenting when others mentioned the device earlier, all i did was question the validity of Bears facts and all the little minions jump on me, you make me so fed up... so go away politely.

Minion? What the hell is your problem? First all I say is Jack has released things, to unknown individuals, as products in testing so it's perfectly possible Bear did witness a clamp on Bybee item. You jump on it like a trained attack dog and assume I'm defending the device and all subsequent devices I don't give two flying :censored:s about; pouring gasoline all over the annoying raging fire on here we all know about. Now I'm a minion?

Usually I really like what you post because I think you're one of the senior guys around here with huge depths of knowledge, but the mere mention of Bybee makes you into a feral beast that'll attack anyone and it's a huge turn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.