Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 09:38 PM   #971
diyAudio Member
 
jan.didden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Great City of Turnhout, Belgium
Blog Entries: 7
Like so:

Over to you,

jd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fig 3A.jpg (59.1 KB, 274 views)
__________________
Never explain - your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe you anyway - E. Hubbart
Check out Linear Audio Vol 7
!
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 09:50 PM   #972
diyAudio Member
 
Steve Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
I guess SE will be again at BAF09. You coming? Trio at the bar ?
I'm afraid I won't be able to make it.

Perhaps I'll go over to Kinko's and have a life size cardboard cutout of myself made and ask Nelson to swing by my place on his way down and pick it up and take it to the Fest.

se
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 09:53 PM   #973
diyAudio Member
 
jan.didden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Great City of Turnhout, Belgium
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Eddy View Post
I'm afraid I won't be able to make it.

Perhaps I'll go over to Kinko's and have a life size cardboard cutout of myself made and ask Nelson to swing by my place on his way down and pick it up and take it to the Fest.

se
Great! Then we can have a real Burning Man!

jd
__________________
Never explain - your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe you anyway - E. Hubbart
Check out Linear Audio Vol 7
!
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 10:00 PM   #974
diyAudio Member
 
john curl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: berkeley ca
Jan, apparently they DON'T, that is why they are NOT labeled! That is what makes this a 'breakthrough'. However they ARE symmetrical around each major test tone. Doesn't that look like FM sidebands? It is up to SCOTT to prove otherwise. Scott, talked to Sequerra yet? He has been hinting this stuff to me for YEARS, and now we can run with it. Why not?

Last edited by john curl; 4th September 2009 at 10:05 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 10:06 PM   #975
diyAudio Member
 
jan.didden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Great City of Turnhout, Belgium
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
Jan, apparently they DON'T that is why they are NOT labeled! That is what makes this a 'breakthrough'. However they ARE symmetrical around each major test tone. Doesn't that look like FM sidebands? It is up to SCOTT to prove otherwise. Scott, talked to Sequerra yet? He has been hinting this stuff to me for YEARS, and now we can run with it. Why not?
Come on John, you said earlier they were not labeled because they were 'overseen'. Now all of a sudden you have some hazy reason why they are not labeled. It does not look like FM sidebands, it looks exactly as labeled. Maybe they are FM sidebands, but YOU make the claim, YOU prove it. Don't try to dump it on Scott. Stand up for what you say man!

jd
__________________
Never explain - your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe you anyway - E. Hubbart
Check out Linear Audio Vol 7
!
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 10:45 PM   #976
diyAudio Member
 
scott wurcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: cambridge ma
Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
Jan, apparently they DON'T, that is why they are NOT labeled! That is what makes this a 'breakthrough'. However they ARE symmetrical around each major test tone. Doesn't that look like FM sidebands? It is up to SCOTT to prove otherwise. Scott, talked to Sequerra yet? He has been hinting this stuff to me for YEARS, and now we can run with it. Why not?
Sorry to say they do, I don't want to be meany and prove it. I ran through a few off the cuff this afternoon. Dick designs tuners, can he make the IF a non-harmonic of the input/LO? I want him to tell me that.
__________________
“The earth's rotation will slow within days and stop for several days just prior to the pole shift. This is when you and your loved ones should be situated at your safe location.”
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 12:01 AM   #977
diyAudio Member
 
Steve Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
Great! Then we can have a real Burning Man!
PERFECT!

You can give John the honor of setting me ablaze.

se
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 01:59 AM   #978
pooge is offline pooge  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern Va.
I assume this is the paper of discussion:

http://www.jockohomo.net/data/7470.pdf
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 03:21 AM   #979
diyAudio Member
 
john curl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: berkeley ca
Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 04:00 AM   #980
diyAudio Member
 
Wavebourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Eddy View Post
PERFECT!

You can give John the honor of setting me ablaze.
You won't believe. In person he is very nice.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:31 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2