John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Kitchen as jewelry? The whole house is an art project. Same with other homes I lived in.... same with Condo in Bangkok. Foodie... not really but Lisa loves to cook and now my waist line is ridiculous.

Destroyer.... glass counter top food prep sink up close ---

DSC02414.JPG

The art project .... it was featured in International Homes magazine.

DSC02371.JPG DSC02376.JPG DSC02375.JPG

Middle room is my office where I write to you DIY'ers.

-RM

Last edited:
Destroyer.... counter top food prep sink up close ---

Lots of stuff to move to actually use, not very practical in any case. I'll take totally functional, purpose driven, to each their own. In any case a kitchen without all gas appliances is limited. I'm far past doing it again (the family has gone their separate ways) but if I did I would definately put in a 40,000 BTU wok hob with its own exhaust hood and a big Wolf or Vulcan commercial stove, ugly but functional.

I do also. Being eccentric..... I have the whole kitchen counter top made of thick tempered Diamond clear glass and I had it sand blasted on back then painted to match cabinet color. Its beautiful and started a trend. sand blasted surface allowed the paint to stick best. The etch is deeper than chemical and rougher for good paint grip on back side.

[Yes it was hard to cut curves, holes etc in the glass for sink and stove etc. Used a water cutter in L.A.]
View attachment 623439

It must sound good.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Lots of stuff to move to actually use, not very practical in any case. I'll take totally functional, purpose driven, to each their own.

....l you have no idea... that is 1/2 the kitchen. Only shown for the glass top surface to show result of sand blasted/painting effect. But the food is right near the prep sink/disposal. The big ugly industrial exhaust hood you like... is actually a built-in which rises up behind the cook surface when needed. The oven is also well placed nearby the food prep area and fridge. Above the oven is a Miela coffee maker. I have gas and electric on site.

-RM

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
It must sound good.

It does.... with high sloping redwood ceiling and selectively used sound absorption hidden in ten foot lighting soffits . And throw rugs on floor.

I never go in the kitchen.... cant cook anything. Lisa prefers this layout and cooks a lot.... listens to her little Cd player near her and is a happy camper in Her glass counter top kitchen. All pots and pans etc are in drawers below front of stove. Looks better and less junked up.

:)

-RM

Last edited:
....they are 'dirty' things and the heat melts the wax polish skin whereas if you carefully polish an induction hob with the most expensive heat resistant polish which money can buy then you too can have a kitchen that looks like a dentist's treatment room.

BTW, perhaps this thread should be retitled - something along the lines of;

"John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier - or anything else which costs a lot & which you can brag about"

perhaps? ;)

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
So where's the gas hobs? And frankly being into the best of everything I'm surprised you are not into the concierge medicine thing. Top experts at your beck and call for a price.

I don't like fire/smoke inside cooking.... I use BBQ outside for that. With your Big gas knobs and all.

Saturday is BBQ steak day. :)

Concierge medicine thing? I already have that taken care of... one block from condo in Bangkok. Treated like a King there.

Have I missed anything?

-RM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.