John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Double Entendre without the risqué bit. Don't know where the simile thing comes in.

SY, you cant go on dissing everything that may not agree with your world view. Robert Parker is still a renowned wine taster just like Michael Fremer is a renowned equipment reviewer :D

(The EM rocket engine I see has gotten more funding . . . . test flight planned in a year or two I read. Talk about the sh1t tax payers money is spent on.)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks for the link, Dan. I remember Weber being mentioned when the waves were detected. :up:

FWIW, the first radio-astronomer was probably Thomas Watson, of telephone fame. He spent hours listening to the static on the lines, and correctly surmised it was the sun (and a few other things).

Like audio, there is a fair amount of b.s. around wine . . . (ok, double entendre there for you Mark)

Sorry I've had it from a "great" vintage don't like it. My preference is all that matters to me the wine food audio analogies fall apart very easily in that there is no standard for greatness, maybe a consensus among different groups.

You might also know Mr. P gave Brunello di Montalcino Biondi Santi 1970 a truly spectacular wine his lowest rating possible (70 IIRC). The antithesis of his range of preference, hedonism.

Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• grav-.PNG
    grav-.PNG
    73.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Grav.PNG
    Grav.PNG
    891.1 KB · Views: 164

Unfortunately the gravity wave detection using the moon experiment on Apollo 17 was broken for some reason. Apparently the earth oscillates at 54Hz and the moon 15Hz but the earth has too much noise to be useful.

The best derivation of noise in mechanical and electrical systems from first principles I have seen.

https://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-Interferometric-Gravitat-Peter-Saulson/dp/9810218206

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.