John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Decided to do a bit of research on wells to understand my confusion. General consensus appears to be that shallow wells in perched water is a bad idea for various reasons. However came across a very interesting article from that place in idaho where nasty stuff is stored. There the water table is nearly 600ft down so if you are unfortunate enough to live there you don't have much of a choice.

One learns new things every day :)

OK, so, "no, it has not been repeatedly shown."

Stuart, it has been repeatedly shown to those who are not too lazy to be content with their presuppositions, exactly the same as with dowsing.

Did you bother to read the link from Physics.org?

"events don't happen in a single definite order, but instead both orders (A before B, and B before A) occur at the same time"

Asserting repeatedly is not the same as "shown repeatedly."

And if you have the energy to get up off your lazy preconceptions, you can show yourself.

I couldn't hear the difference, but at least I had the energy to make someone that could hear the difference show me they could. After many years of training, I can now reliably hear the difference.

Further, those who also can hear the difference have independently agreed:

SoundStage! Ultra | SoundStageUltra.com (UltraAudio.com)

SoundStage! Ultra | SoundStageUltra.com (UltraAudio.com)

Yet DBT shows no difference. QED, DBT is not sensitive to the phenomenon being studied. Use a different method to study, such as EEG and one will find that a difference does exist.

I didn't have an EEG, so I tested with my two 3-month old sons who were quite free of any expectation biases. They confirmed there is a difference. The DBT brigade will insist that my test was flawed because of blah, blah, blah, while in fact none of their objections are true.

...that both orders (A before B, and B before A) occur at the same time.

Not exactly- that's not how superposition works. It's important to note that the applicability (assuming it holds up) is for certain quantum systems and is irrelevant to what we deal with here. I'm not worried about the anodes of my output tubes tunneling outside the glass envelopes despite the assured existence of quantum tunneling.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
No, it demonstrates the problem perfectly.

Even flipping Nature went out of their way to crucify Turin. The editor-in-chief wrote an introduction denouncing Turin (he was too cowardly to mention his name) and then printed the paper he had commissioned.

Now Nature is exposed for the fraud that it is and DBT is exposed for the fraud that it is.

All of the people with blinders claiming that only DBT is acceptable for audio are also victims of fraudulent "thinking".

If they want "proof", simply connect an EEG and measure the brain activity. Here is an anecdotal experience of how DBT fails when clearly the brain activity has changed.

Did I miss any references to the papers and denouncements in question? Either someone was badly wronged, OR one person claimed something amazing (I can smell deuterium) which actually needed testing a bit more thoroughly before anything was announced to the world.

Or you believe Fermilab and Cern are a huge waste of money and we should just believe Higgs et al?

So how did the guy sketch out the location and quantity of pipes correctly?

Well,maybe:

It's because the parking lot surface is not level plane for the same reason that every Spring in some places farmers clear the new rocks away before they seed - percolation and subsidence - parking lots don't have very thick fill under them and the fill around the pipes can be different - after a couple of years there's going to be dips and bumps;

because there's only a limited no. of ways pipes can be brought across the parking lot;

local knowledge - maybe the guy was around when the place was built or the place next door was;

a combination of those things and other stuff I haven't thought of;

the back hoe guy doesn't need exact directions he just wants a close approximation of where to dig because doesn't want, can't, go prospecting all over the lot with the machine:eek:.

I don't think this stuff is rocket science. Water finding, pipe finding, are going to have an empirically based skill set that most folk don't have and it will vary from place to place.

It seems obvious that water finding is a skill set some of our ancestors in some places needed for survival and it's surely possible some of them kept it in the family because it made them important.

Frank,

The concrete slab they removed was level and flat. It was the sidewalk at the edge. As to the rest of the lot, it was designed to hold full size trucks. I forget the exact base but it was about 18" of gravel and 8" of base coat asphalt finished with 2".

The guy was from around here but probably didn't see the pipes as the major work on them was done in the 50's when the road and sidewalk were moved to allow a new interstate road.

Yes there are many possibilities. But it is still really cool.

Dowsing is vigorously shown not to have advantage over random guesswork, it's not sensible to keep an open mind. It is just that kind of approach which leads to the 'anything is possible' audio brigade, and opens the door to phantom perception which needs no invitation anyways. The rest is well known history.

While it may not be sensible to keep an open mind, it may be perfectly rational to call a dowser.

Imagine you are a well driller or excavator. You want to drill a well and find water, or dig a hole and avoid water. Failure will cost money and make you look bad. You don't have sufficient knowledge to say with certainty where you should drill/dig. Even if you know that dowsing is no better than guessing, if you call in a dowser either:

a. He guesses right and you look like a genius, or
b. He guesses wrong and he looks bad while you can shrug and say the dowser told you where to dig.

The rational thing is to hire the dowser (with the client's money) and shift the blame to the dowser.

Not exactly- that's not how superposition works. It's important to note that the applicability (assuming it holds up) is for certain quantum systems and is irrelevant to what we deal with here. I'm not worried about the anodes of my output tubes tunneling outside the glass envelopes despite the assured existence of quantum tunneling.

I was going to say...Zener diodes work pretty well and have for quite a while.

These discoveries (and the subset of unknown-unknowns of the present that will become known-knowns of the future) are refining our understanding of the universe, not utterly rewriting the playbook.

I've had my fill of quantum woo for the month/year/decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.