John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II - Page 3456 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2013, 08:21 AM   #34551
diyAudio Member

Thanks, KBK. I hope you are doing well.
Old 9th February 2013, 09:56 AM   #34552
gk7 is offline gk7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
... I didn't bother repeating the exercise blind since no difference was heard sighted. ...
You obviously were already convinced beforehand that there will no differences to be heard, so the outcome of your test (blind or not blind) was to be expected.
Not that I´m a "Bybee believer" but that sounds _very_ unscientific to me.

Last edited by gk7; 9th February 2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 9th February 2013, 10:04 AM   #34553
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBK View Post
Where's the naysayers when the chips are down.
Are-you sure to have understood the Gabor-Heisenberg uncertainty principle ? (Pretty boring mathematics)
We already knew that we do not need an infinite time to say no music is played.

The title of this article is a pure non sens, typical of sensational from pseudo scientists journalists.
Gabor-Heisenberg uncertainty principle talk about measurements, this article is about human recognition.
Old 9th February 2013, 10:19 AM   #34554
jcx is offline jcx  United States
diyAudio Member

yes, if you read the excerpt I quoted, bolded they quickly back pedal from the headline sensationalism in the body of press release

its really amazing how much reading comprehension drops when the acutal text piles on qualifiers, clarifications that starts eroding the bullet point or headline you thought supported your position

Last edited by jcx; 9th February 2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 9th February 2013, 10:31 AM   #34555
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

KBR you may be interested in post #34204. Deja Vous.
I belive the resistor shown is a beryllium resistor, this got disussed to death like all aspects of the BQP
Quote:
During transit through the Quantum Purifier, quantum noise energy is stripped off the electrons, streamlining their flow through ensuing conductors. Unwanted quantum noise energy dissipates as heat within the Quantum Purifier rather than emerging as a layer of contamination residue over the audio/video information.
This point of operation of the BQP's confuses me, audio being ac in nature, I would presume the electrons in the BQP's just jiggle back and forth within the device?
Now looking at the speed electrons travel when producing a current flow, it would take approx 4 minutes for an electron to travel the length of a small 25mm BQP, not even as fast as a Bently...
Old 9th February 2013, 10:55 AM   #34556
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marce View Post
This point of operation of the BQP's confuses me, audio being ac in nature, I would presume the electrons in the BQP's just jiggle back and forth within the device?
Reading the text you quoted, it seems BQP works like a washing machine. At the origin are pure musical electrons. After traveling across all your audio stuff (specially non audiophile cables) they arrive covered with durst (quantum noise). BQT clean them, burn the durst and iron them and you get at the other side pure electrons again, perfectly aligned.

Last edited by Esperado; 9th February 2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 9th February 2013, 11:09 AM   #34557
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Old 9th February 2013, 11:40 AM   #34558
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedskater
It maybe "pixie dust" but it's not “Floobydust”.
Thanks for correcting us. I lack a Classical education so distinguishing the latin for pixie and flooby is beyond me.

Quote:
During transit through the Quantum Purifier, quantum noise energy is stripped off the electrons, streamlining their flow through ensuing conductors.
Could someone remind me of the mean free path for electrons in, say, normal electrical copper? How far from the BQP would they have to travel before all beneficial effects are lost? Mean free time too? Could someone also confirm that, apart from a bit of very short range tunnelling, superconducting properties do not propagate into adjacent normal conductors in the same circuit?

Just to make things clear: to people who know some physics this sort of description of how the BQP works is clear evidence that it doesn't, because it is describing a Maxwell demon. It would actually be better to say nothing and leave it completely mysterious. Fortunately most snake oil merchants can't resist the temptation to write some pseudo-scientific woffle, thus confirming that the device does not work as claimed. Having realised this, some then try to back-pedal and say that the woffle was just for marketing purposes and the true mode of operation has to remain secret or they would have to shoot their customers.
Old 9th February 2013, 11:54 AM   #34559
diyAudio Member

I noticed Heisenberg's name has cropped up a few posts ago. Many of you will know the following bit of trivia but, just to lighten the mood slightly, if you don't, there is a house in Munich with a brass plaque that reads;

"Werner Heisenberg lived here..........probably."
Old 9th February 2013, 11:58 AM   #34560
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Heisenberg's doctor always had trouble weighing him, because he would never stay on the scales long enough.

Hide this!Advertise here!