John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II - Page 3452 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th February 2013, 08:06 PM   #34511
albin is offline albin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default 2 cents

I've written it before, but hey,field effect conductors,resistors act as expanders,
regards Max

Last edited by albin; 8th February 2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: comma
Old 8th February 2013, 08:11 PM   #34512
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
That was already done...The only thing really missing was RF and microwave,
Thanks a lot, SY.
Well, as i don't hear (probably due to my age) RF and microwaves, as we have no reason to doubt about the honesty and competency of the guy witch was open minded and curious enough to spend time in such measurements, can-we conclude that BQP is perfectly transparent ?
1000$ is not so expensive for a perfectly transparent device, don't you thing ?

Now, the only mystery that survive is to understand how a designer as famous as John Curl can walk two feet in such a scam for no benefit !
His fidelity in friendship is wonderful, but nothing oblige him to tarnish his reputation by promoting the dishonesty of his friends.

Last edited by Esperado; 8th February 2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 8th February 2013, 08:21 PM   #34513
diyAudio Member

I think the answer to that is John truly believes in the devices. It's possible that even Bybee himself is a true believer. It's a lot easier to sleep at night when you are merely delusional rather than a fraud.

If these devices do what they claim, why would they have not found more lucrative applications in other industries?

Last edited by chris719; 8th February 2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 8th February 2013, 08:22 PM   #34514
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
It's possible that even Bybee himself is a true believer. It's a lot easier to sleep at night when you are merely delusional rather than a fraud.
Bentley consumes a max of fuel.

May i thank-you all for the great fun and a noticeable increase of my knowledge of quantum and alien technology, like the the Heisenberg compensation circuitry and nano particles benefits on the reproduction of heavy metal music across the empty space between galaxies.

Last edited by Esperado; 8th February 2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 8th February 2013, 08:35 PM   #34515
diyAudio Member

You know, I have driven a Continental GT twice and found it underwhelming for the price. Very heavy, handling is not that great, nice but somewhat gaudy interior.
Old 8th February 2013, 08:42 PM   #34516
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
I think the answer to that is John truly believes in the devices. It's possible that even Bybee himself is a true believer. It's a lot easier to sleep at night when you are merely delusional rather than a fraud.

If these devices do what they claim, why would they have not found more lucrative applications in other industries?
I remember an episode many years ago here, about a device, vagely similar to a QP (IIRC) that was 'proven' to increase fuel efficiency and engine power of a car. The device had to be placed somewhere on the engine.
The 'proof' consisted of two graphs of the engine torque with and without the device, and indeed the graph with the device appeared to show higher torque. Until you started to look at the vertical scales, which were different in each graph.
Corrected for that, I found that the two graphs were identical.
A big discussion ensued, and the guy who designed the devices even called me on the phone, but the evidence was clear. He then blamed 'a stupid technician' in doing the test wrong (??), and he took the graphs down promising to replace them with the right ones. Which, of course, never happed.
I tried to find those old posts with no success, but I *think* they were also Bybee devices. But I am not sure, and if I am wrong, I apologise.
But it was a nice illustration of how far some people will go to peddle worthless things.

Edit: Maybe it was about Shakti stones.

jan

Last edited by jan.didden; 8th February 2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 8th February 2013, 08:44 PM   #34517
diyAudio Member

One type of Bybee device, the high current type. SY had a low current version, with a completely different construction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 6.jpg (172.1 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by john curl; 8th February 2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 8th February 2013, 08:47 PM   #34518
diyAudio Member

Et,tu, Jan? Oh well.
By the way, thanks for issue 3, and I did look through it. My original opinion stands, nothing new that I can learn or use in a serious way. Sorry.

Last edited by john curl; 8th February 2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 8th February 2013, 08:58 PM   #34519
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

So it really is just a resistor with floobydust around it! People were not just being dismissive when they described it thus.

It kind of reminds me of the amazing receiver antennas which could be bought in street markets and from adverts in newspapers 50 years ago. These (allegedly) greatly improved broadcast reception. On inspection they consisted of a paper/foil capacitor with a bit of wire attached. People paid good money for them. To the extent that the stray capacitance of the capacitor body provided a tiny bit of end loading for the the short wire antenna they did work, but any piece of conductor would do the same. I suppose it was a good way of using up old (failed) capacitors.
Old 8th February 2013, 09:12 PM   #34520
PMA is offline PMA  Europe
Design engineer, consultant
diyAudio Member

It may add HF interference, and thus sound different. I would believe in such explanation more than anything else . Same is for some "special" cables. No microdiodes, just interference added.

Hide this!Advertise here!