John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II - Page 2857 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th October 2012, 04:24 AM   #28561
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
Anatolyi, if you could do that, that would be great!
If John agrees of course, and has a way to get back home at some time.
No problems Johannes! I would be honored to help John!
Old 28th October 2012, 04:31 AM   #28562
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpapag View Post
Wasn’t Mr. Cordell clear enough?
George
Not what I was talking about. I have not seen the data that Jan saw concerning the results for more modern op-amps, I was simply curious to see if his summary was accurate. Remember the problems we had with the data from circa 1970 op-amps.
Old 28th October 2012, 05:21 AM   #28563
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperado View Post
You, i presume.
With so little ego, you surely have something to hide.
Yes, good to know someone hates me. Too bad making simple observations is taken as criticism, I don't have a copy of Ron's paper and have made no attempt to get one.

BTW I think the correct spelling is Caldonii, though I always fancied myself an Austrian Celt it might be fun to be one of those Picts all painted up with indigo. Trick or treat you know, I even have a tube of real Mayan blue recently recreated from pigment found in ancient sacrificial pits. It's the same as woad/indigo.

<don't bother asking>

Last edited by scott wurcer; 28th October 2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 28th October 2012, 10:14 AM   #28564
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
Too bad making simple observations is taken as criticism.
Thanks to all this marketing bulls..., audio technology had slowly turned in a kind of religion. With his fake gurus, politically correct way to talk and orthodox (mean mysterious) way to think.
Take care, man, you are on a wrong way, with your calculations, your electric formulas and your scientific knowledge that everybody can access in school books !

What ? You designed Op amps with less than 0.00x distortion and >1000V/µs of slew rate ?
Everybody knows that Integrated circuit OPA does not sound. (i believe it is because the plastic around the chip witch eats the sound, they do not take the memory of Silicon in consideration, they are not cryogenic threated AND they are not expensive enough).

How can you ask questions about the new secret discovery of the last mysterious effect, while you don't know the SECRET ?

On my side, I made ​​amends, and don't slept last night. I can't even listen anymore music on my system, (with no phase turn in the audio bandwidth), because this new discovery of phase modulation by the offset.
In the same time, i don't wonder my computer runs at 5Ghz, its motherboard able to power the cpu with 3V >50amps and no ripple, able to record and play audio programs at a sample rate of 352,8Khz for near no money. It is digital, it does not sound !

Last edited by Esperado; 28th October 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 28th October 2012, 10:26 AM   #28565
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
What is a common mode for an audio signal? Do you mean an amplifier connected for non-inverting gain. Common mode and DC for air pressure as it relates to the propagation of waves doesn't make much sense. I suppose popping a balloon in a sealed room would leave a change of DC pressure.

The statement that AC coupled asymmetric waveforms have a net DC component keeps coming up like it's a fact.
Ditto to Guru Wurcer & Guru Cordell too.

.. with my (pseudo??) Signal Analysis, DSP & microphone guru hat ..

Christophe, the answer to your problem is simple. Only use stuff that is hand carved by virgins from solid Unobtainium.

Last edited by kgrlee; 28th October 2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 28th October 2012, 10:37 AM   #28566
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrlee View Post
Only use stuff that is hand carved by virgins from solid Unobtainium.
Imagine my desesperance. Since the subprimes, in Europa, we have no more access to Unobtainium. It was produced in Greece. Not to talk of the virgins, since Internet...
Old 28th October 2012, 10:45 AM   #28567
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Old 28th October 2012, 02:26 PM   #28568
gpapag is offline gpapag  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperado View Post
Imagine my desesperance. Since the subprimes, in Europa, we have no more access to Unobtainium. It was produced in Greece.
You mean it was consumed in Greece

In any case, don’t look me with an envy eye.
Me too failed to stock any.

And I love dissecting old TV sets from the streets, collecting components for the non ending list of future wanna be projects

George
Old 28th October 2012, 03:01 PM   #28569
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpapag View Post
And I love dissecting old TV sets from the streets, collecting components
The expertise you have gained will soon be precious to us.
Old 28th October 2012, 03:19 PM   #28570
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrlee View Post
microphone
You can make a DC microphone with a pressure guage, with a differential one there would even be a common mode pressure. I have not seen a condensor or dynamic mic yet with DC response.

Hide this!Advertise here!