John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The JC-1 power amp does not have distortion artifacts spaced at every 1KHz. Why?

Don't say so.

JC1FIG5.jpg

http://www.stereophile.com/images/archivesart/JC1FIG5.jpg

Hey, it is one think to build a Corvette from scratch and another to modify one and improve its performance. The Israelis do it with our jet fighters. In fact Iron Dome is an Israeli modded Patriot system.

John: What about Corey Greenberg? I had a distribute from Asia tell me my product would be hard to sell because cable companies make up the majority of advertisement revenue for audio rags. The analog fiber optic interconnect did outperform many cables out to 5 kilometers of so. It was based on a fiber optic hydrophone system for submarines. Stereophile just refused to review it. Cutting edge, eh?

SY said:
I know, it's nuts, but some of us really do like to design and build ourselves rather than worry about brands and nameplates.
Is that what "DIY" means - I thought it means ask someone else what commercial equipment I should like, then ask what I should do to 'recap' it so that it sounds like what someone else prefers, then throw it away and start again when my wife in the kitchen says she doesn't like it. Am I on the right forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.