John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II - Page 2638 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th August 2012, 06:09 PM   #26371
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacco vermeulen View Post
no safety belt.
Safety belt? Sometimes you'll need an airbag just to read this thread.
Old 15th August 2012, 06:14 PM   #26372
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
There is some evidence that the whole brain is poorly utilised by modern 'higher education'.

The snag is that without knowledge and facts there is not much to reason with or criticise. The likely outcome is people who are ready to criticise stuff they simply don't understand, such as the feminists who claim that physics (that is, physics itself, not the people or institutions of physics) is male-biased. (So God was being a male chauvinist when he decided how electromagnetism should work?)
This is also brain-related. But not related to left-right difference, but to the difference between development of prefrontal cortex that is responsive for higher activity like creativity, and earlier parts of brain responsive for surviving and emotions. Witch-hunting resulted in change of role of women in the society. As the result, when development of prefrontal cortex happens mothers feel anger, fear, anxiety, so it's development is suppressed. Children are pre-programmed to live in society by mother's chemistry. The result is generations of Western people who are better in fight, survival, competition, business, but worse in creativity. It is the fact well explained by science.

To change the situation more than change of education is needed. Education serves the society and follows by it's trends. What is needed, is more of love and protection for pregnant women and mothers, so children would be prepared to live in peace, to be more creative.
Old 15th August 2012, 06:23 PM   #26373
gpapag is offline gpapag  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
Yes,…

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
Yes…

Wavebourn and SY. Thank you for trying to help.

I couldn’t believe that you were serious about the popcorn group, but in the process of reading the recent very interesting posts, I spotted a person who is really enjoying his popcorn while typing a message here

George

Last edited by gpapag; 15th August 2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 15th August 2012, 06:33 PM   #26374
RNMarsh is offline RNMarsh  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The snag is that without knowledge and facts there is not much to reason with or criticise. The likely outcome is people who are ready to criticise stuff they simply don't understand,
Last year I was at an investment party held by stock broker. One there was still working for university of calif system. I said I might go back to work just to do interesting work with smart interesting people.... thats when he told me I should have no trouble ... there were 800 openings going unfilled because they cant find qualified people.

The party is long over.
Old 15th August 2012, 06:43 PM   #26375
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

When recruiters say they can't find qualified people they may actually mean they can't find the 'right kind' of qualified people e.g. cheap, under 45/50, happy to do what they are told, not smarter than the boss. We are supposed to have a shortage of qualified scientists/engineers in the UK, yet experienced and qualified people often find it difficult to even get interviewed.
Old 15th August 2012, 06:49 PM   #26376
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpapag View Post
the popcorn group
Don't take it out on me, blame him => wi201wbn

(unless i'm really drunk, which is pretty hard to accomplish, my left brain half refuses to communicate with the educated part)
Old 15th August 2012, 06:50 PM   #26377
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
When recruiters say they can't find qualified people they may actually mean they can't find the 'right kind' of qualified people e.g. cheap, under 45/50, happy to do what they are told, not smarter than the boss. We are supposed to have a shortage of qualified scientists/engineers in the UK, yet experienced and qualified people often find it difficult to even get interviewed.
The same here. Recruiters have certain set of keywords, they need to be "Objective", so if say somebody has in resume for example "Total Harmonic Distortions" he is not qualified because recruiters search for somebody with "THD" in resume. Or, they want somebody who has "10 years experience with CentOS Linux", so a candidate with 9 years of experience of CentOS, or with 10 years, but "Red Hat Linux", is not qualified.
Old 15th August 2012, 07:02 PM   #26378
gpapag is offline gpapag  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacco vermeulen View Post
Don't take it out on me, blame him => wi201wbn

(unless i'm really drunk, which is pretty hard to accomplish, my left brain half refuses to communicate with the educated part)
It is your fingerprints on the gun, so you will stay in this place for a while. (my complements to the gentleman)

I don’t know if the moderators will consider your excuses

George
Old 15th August 2012, 07:04 PM   #26379
wayne is offline wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

You are correct Wavebourn. My wife likes to read resumes because the computer often weeds out people who don't use certain words. HR doesn't like her bypassing the system though.
Old 15th August 2012, 07:14 PM   #26380
morinix is offline morinix  United States
diyAudio Member

Even as a lowly engineering tech, being 51 years old, I get interviewed by the new generation of EE's who were sucking a bottle when I started in the industry. I think they see me as just an old pain in the booty because I know my trade.

Hide this!Advertise here!