John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
painting ? really ? i loose the trust in you......

Attachments

• painting.png
    painting.png
    772.5 KB · Views: 203
Correct. I worked in Supraphon recording studios for some time, in the seventies, when I studied at the university. Studer A67 and A80 tape recorders, Neumann mikes, Dolby A rack systems.

I own a vinyl record of the Armstrong 1965 Prague concert, and also unreleased recordings from his visit to Prague.

I'm of Germanic heritage, and Mum used to regularly get items from probably the one and only importer in Sydney of the "exotic" stuff - so we had quite a few Supraphons in our collection, still have some of them ...

OK, you are a painter. Why not.

I have recently gone to total DIY, grinding pigments from raw earth gathered from all over Europe. Of course the best provider is German based Kremer Pigments Inc. NYC who thankfully ignore the general toxicity issues and ship to any 18+ person. The pure natural pigments often have a beauty that is hard to describe, I guess an analog would be SET amps or hand rolled capacitors. Sorry for the pun, the word colorations comes to mind. :D

I was extrapolating to be inclusive of other folks views. I hear the colorations of SET amps, everyone is free to enjoy them as they wish that is they might find them beautiful.
I find the colourations disturbing, there is an intrinsic 'wrongness' and lack of clarity to the sound which steadily makes me more uncomfortable - like wearing glasses with a filmy layer on the lens ...

Status
Not open for further replies.