John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II - Page 2553 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd August 2012, 11:39 PM   #25521
diyAudio Member

What eggs? Prove to me that there are 'eggs' under there. '-)
Old 3rd August 2012, 01:33 AM   #25522
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
What eggs? Prove to me that there are 'eggs' under there. '-)
I can't! The same way as SY can't prove that eggs that he eats are not fertilized!
Old 3rd August 2012, 01:59 AM   #25523
RNMarsh is offline RNMarsh  United States
diyAudio Member

as we age - after 50 esp. - we dont absorb nutients as effectively nor as effeciently as we used to. This can mean you might need to increase your intake of vit/min [but not calories].... thus enter suppliments. But which ones and how much?

We are all somewhat difffferent in this reguard. I found that long term effects of diet and invironmental factors show up in our finger nails and hair. sample of hair for mineral analysis is done with a mass spectrometer. I did this and found I was low in magnesium. A common occurance in USA from depleated soils. Magnesium is important for a whole host of things for the body. And, so that is a suppliment I take. You get a lab report sent to your doctor and it is about 3-4 pages of everything found and the levels... toxins, mercury as well.

To stay healthy as you possibly can and to keep your immune system at peak performance -- It isnt enough to eat well and a wide variety when aging modifies what gets into your body. And, the fact that our foods have become modified which hinders absorption and the Organic foods have less nutients than in the past due to depleted soils. One now needs to take suppliments.

-RNM

Last edited by RNMarsh; 3rd August 2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 3rd August 2012, 02:03 AM   #25524
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
True, but after I started paying attention to what I eat, at 54 years' old age I got dramatic change in mood and energy, in only 1 week!
Old 3rd August 2012, 02:10 AM   #25525
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
True, but after I started paying attention to what I eat, at 54 years' old age I got dramatic change in mood and energy, in only 1 week!
It makes me ponder what a double blind test to verify this observation would consist of...
Old 3rd August 2012, 02:23 AM   #25526
jam is offline jam  United States
diyAudio Member

Wavebourn,

I could not agree with you more. We here in America have fallen prey to what the advertisers with say is good for us rather than what our bodies tell us or common sense for that matter.

Maybe you should start a wellness thread and share with us what you have discovered. I am not kidding.

A good read for anyone that is interested is the Okinawa Program.

Jam
Old 3rd August 2012, 02:31 AM   #25527
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMarsh View Post
We are all somewhat difffferent in this reguard. I found that long term effects of diet and invironmental factors show up in our finger nails and hair. sample of hair for mineral analysis is done with a mass spectrometer. I did this and found I was low in magnesium.-RNM

This is beginning to remind me of Ray Kurzweil's life extension screeds. My sons make fun of my "heath of the nails" obsession. As contrast Ray is GMO tolerant to the point of falling for the "Golden Rice Hoax".

BTW, I absolutely love gnawing the gristle off of bones. Chicken in particular, a great source of type 2 collagen.

Last edited by scott wurcer; 3rd August 2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 3rd August 2012, 02:51 AM   #25528
bcarso is offline bcarso  United States
diyAudio Member

I worked with a guy at UCLA who was married to a woman studying medicine, who did go on to become an MD. He would be derisive about anyone (like me) taking vitamins and minerals, stating that "Pam says you get all the nutrients that you need from food."

I don't hear that out of MDs all that much anymore . Those that are still alive.

Meanwhile, at 64, around the midpoint of my seventh decade, I take no pharmaceuticals whatsoever, save the rare ibuprofen. When I actually had to drag my behind to emergency in 1995, after a savage cat bite had gotten infected, the nurse taking the med history was so delighted that she didn't have any medications to have to document
Old 3rd August 2012, 02:52 AM   #25529
bcarso is offline bcarso  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
This is beginning to remind me of Ray Kurzweil's life extension screeds. My sons make fun of my "heath of the nails" obsession. As contrast Ray is GMO tolerant to the point of falling for the "Golden Rice Hoax".

BTW, I absolutely love gnawing the gristle off of bones. Chicken in particular, a great source of type 2 collagen.
I'm sure Ray is an engaging character to know. But I side more with Jaron Lanier when Kurzweil and his followers go on about their download into immortality.
Old 3rd August 2012, 03:05 AM   #25530
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarso View Post
When I actually had to drag my behind to emergency in 1995, after a savage cat bite had gotten infected, the nurse taking the med history was so delighted that she didn't have any medications to have to document
This reads like the cat bit your *** +1 on Jaron Lanier too.

Hide this!Advertise here!