John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II - Page 2537 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st August 2012, 11:42 AM   #25361
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

"GM-related"? My goodness. Well, so is dirt and water, in that sense.
Old 1st August 2012, 11:51 AM   #25362
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

It illuminates the approvals process, which appears not to work in the public interest while giving the superficial appearance that it does.
Old 1st August 2012, 12:13 PM   #25363
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
It illuminates the approvals process, which appears not to work in the public interest while giving the superficial appearance that it does.
OK, so your objections are political, not scientific.
Old 1st August 2012, 01:53 PM   #25364
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMarsh View Post
Your explainations are wonderful and so clearly stated. esp. the practical aspects.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fas42 View Post
I haven't listened to many line array setups, and others have said similar, so I'll take that. The next sentence is the one, except take the word "almost" out: everywhere in the room is sweet.
When I was working out the ITD/IID relationships for localization parametrics, the first choice was the decision of the source wavefront geometry, which in turn defines the falloff rate of the spl.

Point source (1 driver) has the spherical wavefront, with power falling off as 1/R squared. A line array drops off as 1/R, and nearfield planar does not fall off.

The choice alters the head positioning sensitivity to the sweetspot. In all my calculations, I use point source.

jn
Old 1st August 2012, 02:04 PM   #25365
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1audio View Post
Its a sample of a Low EMF (radiated magnetic field) cable sent to us as a sample. Its an interesting patented construction it turns out.
Demian,

When you get a chance, can you do the capacitance?

If it runs 50 pf per foot, it's probably coaxial with PVC or some related plastic.

If it's 65pf per foot, it's most likely three twisted pairs with orthogonal pitch, pvc likely.

If it's 25 pf per foot, it's a foamed coax core, probably a triaxial geometry like what I posted about 5 years ago.

If it's foamed triax, I'm not sure it would pass UL listing as portable cordage.

If it's flat conductor, I'd think about 50 pf/foot.

jn
Old 1st August 2012, 02:17 PM   #25366
diyAudio Member

Quote:
In the US of A 80% of what we eat is now genetically modified.
White blood cell count goes way up when GM food is ingested.
Thats not fun or funny.
I've never heard about the white blood cell count going up. Was that published?

jn
Old 1st August 2012, 03:25 PM   #25367
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
... Medical hemp is the best pain killer, with no side effects. ...
Hemp has a direct effect on consciousness. I stay away from it for the past 43 years.
Old 1st August 2012, 03:39 PM   #25368
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
Medical hemp is the best pain killer, with no side effects.
What are you talking about? It's got two HUGE side effects.

1. It gets you high
2. It gives you the munchies

And if it weren't for the first side effect, there wouldn't be nearly so many people asking their doctors for prescriptions for it.

se
Old 1st August 2012, 04:01 PM   #25369
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thx... I also understand thatEurope does not allow the importation of GMO. Where-as, we eat 80% of our grown food as GMO. GMO is suspected as a cause of illnesses... and vitamin/mineral content is very low now. i use specific suppliments to boost the immune system and by all tests on me, it works super well. Do you take suppliments? -RNM
Hi Richard,
Being a vegetarian for the past 43 years, I took for many years vitamin B12 and Vegetarian Omega 3 food supplements. Since in my country there are almost no GE vegetables and since I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits, I didn't need any other food supplements.
Now I'm 69 years old. On recent years I added multi-vitamins and some other food supplements, mainly for my back aches and some memory deficiency.

In the light of the present situation of GE food in the USA, it seems to me that food supplements are recommended for all people. To my view, organic food is much better, with or without food supplements.

I could afford consuming mainly organic food only on recent years, after my retirement. When I worked, I either ate at restaurants, or catering, so I didn't have the option of choosing organic food.

It is a very sad story in the USA, since many top employees of the FDA are former employees of a well known chemicals corporate which is also known for GE vegetables. They managed to make the FDA declare that GE vegetables are no different from non-GE ones, hence it is forbidden by USA laws to state that certain food is GE. In some states it is forbidden by law to publish any criticism on food suppliers. Perhaps conscientious people in the USA would better raise their voices, for the food situation is really gloom.

Genetically Engineering is in a way playing God role, none knows definitely what it does and what are the effects and consequences on the long run.

Meanwhile, purchasing mainly from farmers markets may be a good choice.

I'm sure that anyone who will watch documentaries about how animals for food are reared in the USA will stop consuming any meat. As for myself, I'm a vegetarian out of compassion to all living things, including animals. Only on recent years I became aware of the great benefit to health it is.
Old 1st August 2012, 04:08 PM   #25370
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Up to 30% of food labeled "organic" is allowed to be GMO. Only if food labeled as "100% Organic" is it GMO free.
Any check on the internet will tell you we typical Americans consume 80% GMO foods.
But not allowed in Europe and Japan and other countries as unsafe/unhealthy.

Thx, RNM
It is so because of in the USA chemicals and food corporate managed to twist the arms of the FDA and other government bodies.

It will remain this way until enough conscientious people will raise their voice load enough.

Hide this!Advertise here!