John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II - Page 2251 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2012, 05:43 PM   #22501
diyAudio Member
 
Wavebourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jneutron View Post
To which?

As far as I can recall, I've posted at length on this forum on all dat stuff. If you have any specific questions, ask away.

If you prefer PM, that's ok as well. I assume you're in the business. I've give freely what I know.
I mean the link to the complete phrase where I asked you if you lied or not.
__________________
The Devil is not so terrible as his math model is!
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 05:44 PM   #22502
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator
 
SY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicagoland
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon7000 View Post
I thought that was an inverse correlation.
No, it's a direct correlation, and for the same reason as arm length.
__________________
The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt it.- George Smiley
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 05:46 PM   #22503
diyAudio Member
 
jneutron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: away
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBK View Post
For if one does not step out of a paradigm, one will not know if the systems in use or enacted ---are a failure point or not.
You have failed to ascertain one of the primary goals of a higher education.

"the steps necessary to invoke a paridigm shift"

Hence the study of Popper, Kuhn et al..as well as scientific methodology.

Where's that link on the aluminum-alzheimers connection you were asked for?

j
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 05:49 PM   #22504
diyAudio Member
 
jneutron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
I mean the link to the complete phrase where I asked you if you lied or not.
Oh, sorry.

Doesn't your screen show the boxed arrow thingies next to your name?

On my screen, it says ""origionally posted by Wavebourn" ">"
Click on the box and it immediately goes to the cited post.

j
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 05:50 PM   #22505
diyAudio Member
 
jan.didden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Great City of Turnhout, Belgium
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
No, it's a direct correlation, and for the same reason as arm length.
Please educate us
__________________
If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news? - W. S. Maugham
Check out Linear Audio!
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 05:50 PM   #22506
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakmont PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
No, it's a direct correlation, and for the same reason as arm length.
Ok and where you find clusters of churches you also find clusters of murders.

Now there is an interesting correlation between basketball players and a good grasp of three dimensional problem solving.

But I did send you to the text on phrenology, are you adding support to it? (I forget are we deficient because we are round headed or the other way around ! )
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 05:53 PM   #22507
diyAudio Member
 
Wavebourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jneutron View Post
Oh, sorry.

Doesn't your screen show the boxed arrow thingies next to your name?

On my screen, it says ""origionally posted by Wavebourn" ">"
Click on the box and it immediately goes to the cited post.
Ah, thanks. It works.
But I still am pretty sure that you even did not consider to review that data seriously because you a-priori "know that it is wrong because it can't be right".
__________________
The Devil is not so terrible as his math model is!
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 05:56 PM   #22508
iko is offline iko  Canada
diyAudio Moderator
 
iko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
All, please make an effort to not concentrate on personal issues. Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 05:57 PM   #22509
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator
 
SY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicagoland
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
Please educate us
A case of the un-mentioned variable. Consider a 2 year old, a 6 year old, a 10 year old, and an adult...

Here's another perfect example: Teen moms and recessions
__________________
The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt it.- George Smiley
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 05:58 PM   #22510
diyAudio Member
 
jneutron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
Ah, thanks. It works.
But I still am pretty sure that you even did not consider to review that data seriously because you a-priori "know that it is wrong because it can't be right".
Well then you are incorrect.. Shame on you.

I was unable to link to what you provided, for reasons I do not know. You assumed I didn't want to. But that's ok, our miscommunication is pretty much understood now, so I hope that moderator guy don't mind..

I have read some of his stuff in the past, and came away rather, shall we say, "disenchanted" with his methodology.

Should I have suspected that despite the level of his previous work, he suddenly attacked an issue with scientific rigor??

j

ps Wavebourn..when you say data, do you mean the raw data, or are you referring to the results of an analysis where the methodology behind it is hidden? Most of the time, that stuff is released more in the pop culture vein, with no mathematical meat to it. You know, written to tweak the public's interest rather than being rigorous in presentation.

Last edited by jneutron; 19th April 2012 at 06:14 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:16 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2