John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II - Page 2242 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th April 2012, 08:30 PM   #22411
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jneutron View Post
Without even looking at the link..{which I cannot.}

I always consider the distinction between causality and correlation. It is never wise to use Ice Cream Science as a way of life.....
So you lied when said that my generalisation was wrong. You indeed even won't consider reading what can't be explained using your belief system.
Old 18th April 2012, 08:31 PM   #22412
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
Ok, how can you explain graphs obtained by Dean Raden....
You mean this Dean Radin?

IMG_0001.jpg (image)

http://www.explorejournal.com/articl...180-2/abstract
Old 18th April 2012, 08:38 PM   #22413
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post

IMG_0001.jpg (image)

Elsevier
You left off the rest of it! (DB Paper) Are you hiding important new discoveries? (Well at least good humor...)

Then there was the local University that sponsored a conference on "Creation Science." I missed it, but did "scientists" attend? I have trouble believing these are of the same outlook that John (N) regards well.

Of course the University administration was surprised and embarrassed when they "found out" about the conference from the publicity afterwards.

Last edited by simon7000; 18th April 2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 18th April 2012, 08:39 PM   #22414
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post

IMG_0001.jpg (image)

Elsevier
I expected SY that you will chime in to attack the messenger making fun of him, instead of considering his message.

So, John, if SY is scientist, he proved once more on his own example that you were wrong defending scientists.

Old 18th April 2012, 08:40 PM   #22415
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon7000 View Post
I missed it, but did "scientists" attend?
No, probably not. Biologists generally spend as much time worrying about that as chemists do about phlogiston and earth/fire/air/water theories.

BTW, if the conference is the one I think it is, you have some of the facts wrong- the university didn't sponsor it, they just rented space. That was still quite embarrassing to them.
Old 18th April 2012, 08:41 PM   #22416
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
I expected SY that you will chime in to attack the messenger making fun of him, instead of considering his message.

So, John, if SY is scientist, he proved once more on his own example that you were wrong defending scientists.

So you're saying that this is not stuff published by Radin? I've been faked out?
Old 18th April 2012, 08:44 PM   #22417
diyAudio Member

The only way that I know how to 'prove' if I am on the right track is to have people that I do not know, to like it, and even admire the effort, especially when whatever I have made has not been marketed in any way, except to hope that people will try it.
The idea that there is, or was, advanced marketing behind the Vendetta Research SCP-2, for example, is nonsense. It was successful (for the most part) because I tried everything that I could think of, to make it as 'perfect' as possible. I still made mistakes, and these 'oversights' were reflected in the A,B,C, and D mods that came out, over the years as I came to realize their sonic importance.
Old 18th April 2012, 08:49 PM   #22418
diyAudio Member

Quote:
So you lied when said that my generalisation was wrong.
Stating such certainly does not make it accurate. Re-read what has been stated please.

Quote:
You indeed even won't consider reading what can't be explained using your belief system.
No, I stated that I cannot look at the link. I did not state that I refuse to as a result of my belief systems. Please do not make that error again.

The fact that someone found correlation between two entities does not mean causation, nor does it even mean a link exists. That does not hinder some from creating fiction to account for the correlation found in a dataset.

Ice cream science is NOT science, contrary to the use of the word "science" in the description.

j
Old 18th April 2012, 09:00 PM   #22419
diyAudio Member

More on Dean Radin and the 911 graphs:

An evening with Dean Radin - SkepticReport

Cheers.

ZAP
Old 18th April 2012, 09:05 PM   #22420
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneutron View Post
ke that error again.

The fact that someone found correlation between two entities does not mean causation, nor does it even mean a link exists. That does not hinder some from creating fiction to account for the correlation found in a dataset.
John, it has nothing to do with causations. It all is about correlation, nothing more, Just results of experiments that have no explanation. You reaction speaks against your statement about scientists: you are trying already to argue prior to reading conditions of the problem.

Hide this!Advertise here!