Krill construction thread - Sidetracked

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
General Info

Hello builders!

I'll never ask a simulation question, I swear!

I've been sourcing parts and and getting ready to build. I'm not familiar with regulated power supplies and am curious if someone might know how this benefits Steve's amp?

Best wishes,

Brian

back from the hospital (second staying there) and will read the thread

Man!

You are still in this same point?

Be happy boys.... we never know our last days...be attention and use your life the best you can.

Be fair, be positive, be friendly, love your friends, avoid pride, selfish, angry and envy.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• hope.jpg
    hope.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 594
Transistor temperature dissipation, maximum power...

is measured while the component is keept at 25 degrées celsius using a special cooling system.

Real life is not that way...so.... the 2 watts rating will not be correct unless the case is at 25 degrées celsius... as it is not.... it is not 2 watts too.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• just back home.jpg
    just back home.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 706
Charlie,
you are a man of heavenly peace, talking like Jesus, walking like Jesus along the trail of happiness, seeing the light of truth, having infinite wisdom, teaching eternal love among humanity, spreading the spirit of tolerance, filling up the air with wonderful warmness, possessing profound sentiment of reverence and piety, appealing to prudence and frugality. Amelioration and Esperança be with you. Amen.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: back from the hospital (second staying there) and will read the thread

destroyer X said:

You are still in this same point?

Be fair, be positive, be friendly, love your friends, avoid pride, selfish, angry and envy.

regards,

Carlos

Cousin Charlie (I have to call you my Cousin because I am older than you - so this makes you "my Brother from another Mother" as they say). I did not see when you went to hospital and I am sorry to see that you needed to go there - and I am VERY HAPPY to see that you are out. I hope that your recovery is going well. Andypiro has a construction thread going about a 100W Krill amp - so this is progress.
How is your constructor coming along with your amps?

Amem Lumba...thank you.

Yep C2sea.... i was there because skin infection, down the belly.... was saved because fat..infection could enter the "peritônius".. the muscle we have around our internal organs..and them i would be in heaven in place to be here enjoying our forum.

Fat was a 3 inches thick shield i had... from the skin to the muscle.

Was lucky....interesting...because fat!

The first time i feel very good because i'm fat!

ahahahah!

Carlos

........................................................................................................

My friend is building...but asked me pictures, showing the board, to check parts position...i told him i had not high quality ones...maybe you can provide me that Thomas...he is now building Hiraga... the guy is fanatic, and also a fast constructor.... 3 or 4 units each week.

Attachments

• fotos 3118.jpg
    fotos 3118.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 531
When finish your construction Thomas...please send me real pictures... say..

high resolution digital pictures, taken without flash, under good natural ligth and using your nice camera macro function...use tripod if you shake hands.

This gonna be more helpfull..thank you by the computer images you sent...but all that stuff..numbers and all that will confuse my friend (the one is building)...he is not too much skilled..and all that stuff will drive him crazy and confused.

He asked what are those rose and green lines...so..... you see the guy is a novice.

regards dear Cousin Thomas.

Carlos

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Welcome back Carlos.

By the look of your numbers on that blood pressure strap :bigeyes:, you should be relaxing and reading a nice soothing National databook like the doctor ordered, not reading DIYAudio. At least not until those numbers are closer to 120/80. :clown:

..Todd

Joined 2006
Paid Member
taj said:
Welcome back Carlos.

By the look of your numbers on that blood pressure strap :bigeyes:, you should be relaxing and reading a nice soothing National databook like the doctor ordered, not reading DIYAudio. At least not until those numbers are closer to 120/80. :clown:

..Todd

This is true Cousin Carlos! We all know how hot and bothered you become when reading about new amplifiers to build and listen to!! Then of course come either the complements or the shotgun!!
It's has been privately suggested to me that after we have finished building our amplifiers that we get together in or around Nashville TN for a "Krill Fest". That might be kinda fun!!! :D :D :D

Carlos - Andrea - would coming to Nashville be to big a problem?

Yep... Cachaça (Cachassa) with lemon and ice cubes is nice

Smashing one entire lemmon mixing with the standard wiskie portion, two spoon full of sugar and a lot of ice.

Caipirinha when using Cachaça (Red neck or farmer style)..and Caipiroska when Russian style using Vodka.

Also Tequila, Rum, Vodka, Wiskie and beer..... but my prefered one is Coke (Coca Cola).

thank you all... TAJ and "Va molto benne caríssimo fratello d'Italia.... me piace leggionari Romani"

Regards all and let's move the thread...thank you all...very kind from you.

Carlos

Attachments

• cachaça.jpg
    cachaça.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 461

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
And what Krill-fest would be complete without this. It layers nicely in a shooter with Baileys and ice wine.

If there are enough amplifiers we could set up a nice home theatre system and watch a few movies:

A View To A Krill
To Krill A Mockingbird
and of course the Krill anthem...
Natural Born Krillers

..Todd

Attachments

• new-krill-large.jpg
    new-krill-large.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 460
Joined 2006
Paid Member
PH104 said:
Just invented a new drink in honor of Carlos' release from the hospital and inspired by taj's layered drink. I call it "Krill the Destroyer".

It's tasty but I will have to post details later -- I think my vision is going right now :crazy:

Hmmm - this drink should have a zest of lemon or lime in order to remember the scratch that Carlos had that gave him his infection.

:D

BTW - this is Andrea's thread and we should respect it. To do that we will need to create a new drink - it will of course be served "hot" :clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.