There's good news and there's bad news

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The good news is that i got a follow up job interview tomorrow. I've been laid off for 3 weeks now..and this new company sounds very promising.

The bad news is that i'm going to a White Trash themed party on Saturday night, and i had spent the last 2 weeks of joblessness growing a kickass trailer-park-style mustache and collecting my costume for the weekend.

I will shave for this interview, so all my work was for naught.

But i did take a picture for you guys before it goes....

-Maz

Attachments

• wt.jpg
    wt.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 433
You guys are both up on your trailer park styles....

i was going for the tough-guy-trucker/hunter who drives an '82 camarro look who will kick yer *** for looking at me wrong when i'm drinkin at the local watering hole...

but the stay-at-home-drunken-father-in-a-wifebeater-watchin jenny jones in the double wide is another type....

and so is the washed-up-80's-glam-rock-mullet-king

I think a mullet in any situation White-trashifies just about whoever is wearing it.

gracias for the suggestions :)

-Maz

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Magnetmaz said:
i was going for the tough-guy-trucker/hunter who drives an '82 camarro look who will kick yer *** for looking at me wrong when i'm drinkin at the local watering hole...

-Maz

So Maz, you were the guy flying out of the bar parking lot sideways, cutting me off and flipping me the bird. I thought I recognized you. Hey, nice Camaro.

Rodd Yamashita

Magnetmaz said:
You guys are both up on your trailer park styles....

but the stay-at-home-drunken-father-in-a-wifebeater-watchin jenny jones in the double wide is another type....

and so is the washed-up-80's-glam-rock-mullet-king

I think a mullet in any situation White-trashifies just about whoever is wearing it.

gracias for the suggestions :)

-Maz

Hey now! Stop talking about all my friends! J/K... seriously though, you have to come to eastern Ohio/western PA sometime. It's still 1985 here for the majority. You would fit right in with my neighbors. Gitfiddles, cadillacs, and hillbilly music! YEE HAW!
Steve
proud of his redneck ancestry... and my family is from two different parts of West Virginia, so inbreeding was kept to a minimum.

:)

I'm from Ohio as well...

My family owns about 5 lakehouses out in the Geneva/Ashtabula area...and i'm from Cleveland originally.

As far as i'm concerned, though....Columbus, Ohio is the mason/dixon line... anything south of there, and you might as well be watchin Hee-Haw :)

-Maz

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Cultural differences

ShiFty,

a student sent me that link a few years back. Very worrying. I haven't yet worked out whether it's more worrying that he sent it to me, or that it exists in the first place. I'm hoping that the site was generated by someone with an unusual sense of humour.

Magnetmaz,

I can't imagine any employer getting upset about such a discrete beard/moustache. Is that shape offensive in your country? Looks as though it could have been a perfectly tidy face fungus.

Canada will make you feel better

as long as we can make americans feel superior, we might have a chance no WMD will be located by US intelligence services on our soil.:devilr:

But the thematic of trailers park boys is surely not only confined to canada. I recall that the term "trailer trash" originated in the US - we just give that lifestyle a platform which it deserves.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.