RF is the cure for cancer?!? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd July 2008, 04:21 AM   #1
gain is offline gain  United States
diyAudio Member

Default RF is the cure for cancer?!?

was bored and watching bad cable the other night ... yea, i know, should have been listening to music instead of watching tv, lol ... but anyway i saw this show where this really old guy claimed he had found a new treatment for cancer ... possibly a revolutionary breakthrough on the disease.

the basic idea was that metallic particles are injected into a tumor, either directly via needle or through drugs/chemicals that cause the tumor cells to uptake the metal injected into the blood stream. then a high power RF amplifier is used to send an intense, concentrated RF signal directly through the body in the vicinity of the tumor. the RF then excites the metal particles that are now inside the tumor cells, causing them (the metal in the tumor cells) to heat up while leaving the nearby good cells (with no metal in them) unaffected. this in turn kills the tumor with heat, while minimizing or eliminating altogether the collateral damage to nearby healthy (good) cells caused by conventional treatments, such as chemotherapy or radiotherapy. this is in theory, of course, but several experts in cancer research said this was the most promising treatment idea they had seen in years, perhaps even decades.

i'm no biologist and certainly no doctor, but from an engineering/tech point of view this kinda made some sense, at least from a physics standpoint. thoughts?
Old 24th July 2008, 11:17 AM   #2
OzMikeH is offline OzMikeH  Australia
diyAudio Member

I see a story on it on current affairs shows every few years. It certainly makes sense to me. I wonder why it isnt more popular.

I think igt's a great alternative to radiotherapy as long as sticking needles in the cancer does not assist it to spread.
Old 29th July 2008, 02:23 PM   #3
lineup is offline lineup  Sweden
diyAudio Member

In Sweden, where I live,
there is an ongoing debate with different guessings
that Mobile Phones can cause cancer in brain - close to ear.

Especially they warn youngsters and children
from using mobile phone with high UHF radiation values.
Because the brain tissue in child is not fully developed and grown
they are said to be more sensitive to high dosis of UHF radiation waves.

There are some few research being done.
Still only ideas.
Like everything new, man will expose himself or animals or plants to,
the true effects may become clear and known later.

Many years later.
We know this from medicine bieffects (Neurosodyne) and we know this from Asbestus use
and we know this from the long term consequencies of The US Hiroshima & Nagasaki nuclear bombings.

Lineup

Hide this!Advertise here!