Canadians persecuting Americans? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 6th March 2003, 03:20 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Default Strange Brew

that's my view -- perhaps one of the funniest movies ever made, ROTFL, especially when they put the beer back in "dad's" bottle after the dog has lapped it up. Where can I get Elsinore ?

and Canada also gave us "Second City TV" which was the progenitor of SNL.

Old 6th March 2003, 03:29 PM   #22
Joel is offline Joel  United States
diyAudio Member

Gigatron, are you practicing for a typing class or something?

Old 6th March 2003, 03:51 PM   #23
sam9 is offline sam9  United States
diyAudio Member

Some places in California you pay extra for the wooden platter. It implies you are getting a real "he-man" meal.

Personally, I've found Canadian's so polite it's almost embarrassing. The only raised voice I ever heard was about 1972 when I inadvertently got the currency I was using in Toronto mixed up (both kinds stuffed in the same wallet) "why don't you use real money?" The exchange rate was the other way around at the time.

Old 6th March 2003, 03:55 PM   #24
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Q: How do you get 50 Canadians out of a swimming pool?

A: Say, "Would everyone please get out of the pool?"

Old 6th March 2003, 04:01 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 1/137 Send a message via Skype™ to 1/137
Default never had a problem

On my few business trips to Canada...Toronto...I have never had a problem. that said..however...on many trips to France I have seen americans treated "badly" but only because their behavior was totally rude and condescending. The treatment they got was WELL deserved! I, on the other hand, don't speak French and always had a great time and found the French very helpful. And in my travels I have seen a lot of "Ugly American" behavior.

I just don't buy this story either...it sounds bogus..like a couple of americans a bit out of control and without any manners..maybe they didn't realize that they weren't in dixie...
rt

Old 6th March 2003, 04:03 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SY
Q: How do you get 50 Canadians out of a swimming pool?

A: Say, "Would everyone please get out of the pool?"

.... then we would remind you to say 'thank you'. as nicely as we could, of course.

Old 6th March 2003, 04:14 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Default 1/137 - French

I go to France a couple times a year. I will not give up my Pomerol!

Right after 9/11 many wore American flag pins, or sweaters embroidered with American flags. I think that the memory of Algeria lingers long in those 50 years and up.

You are absolutely correct, even before this mess rude Americans were still rude people and the French, taking pride in their culture, see it as an affront to talk loudly in Notre Dame, chew gum in Chartres, wear a tank-top with your guy hanging out in the Orsay. (

As bad as my "freres Americaine" are, they like people from Japan and China even less.

Old 6th March 2003, 04:24 PM   #28
sam9 is offline sam9  United States
diyAudio Member

Default sam9

The only rudeness I've encountered in Europe was in a bar/restaurant in the former East Berlin. It was actually directed at my companion, a "Wessie".

Old 6th March 2003, 08:54 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Wow gigatron. You aren't a bartender at the Jolly Taxpayer are you? You do jump to conclusions rather quickly.

But I must admit, you sure have us Americans all figured out. It all rings true. And we all really do look alike.

They were not intoxicated from leaf nor liquid. They didn't complain about their steak. They are of simpler tastes but that's not a crime. One is polite to a fault. And the other is polite until you fault. And it was the latter one combined with a sensitive bartender that I suspect led to their ejection.

I think the term is gung ho which means work together. The are not pro-war and believe it or not, they are not racist, certainly not against blacks. Neither of them are gun owners.

Does Mexico count? How about Columbia? They are men of simple tastes no doubt.

So I'm confused by your tag. Do you want to be an American colony or not?

In the meantime, why don't you come down for a visit? Disregard the NO IRAQ WAR signs. I know they seem to be in just about every other car window on the road. They just put them there to be funny.

Old 6th March 2003, 09:29 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Location: Canada - still going strong, still not fully a US colony.
yea then this happens:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast...eut/index.html

Oh and don't take me wrong. I have american friends (heck, we are only neighbours duh people don't realize). In fact my favorite teacher from back in school is American. I am just against any slight action that promotes the 'excess-freedom' of americans... So people get shocked, sure Pierre Trudau gave a finger in open public, sure Nixon called him an ******* (lol) **** happens, but Americans push certain things too far... Don't deny this, Freedom Fries... or how about the people who wanted wine served in an american restaurent but the owners spilled all the whine because it was french. What about the comics making fun of Turks, what about the racist comments and people calling Germans anti-war protesters as NAZIs? How do those people feel? Then in turn when you get a slight slap back for acting in a certain way it's a big deal? why ? :/ This topic is pointless lol.. just a spinoff from the "What do we do for peace" topic... No one will attack you, unless you attack them. It's simple, if you slap someone, expect a reaction *try it right now to the closest person near you* That's the only point :/ Americans think they are all HATED by EVERYONE, err no... the US gov.. sure, they have caused much harm.... far too much... But people who have been brainwashed into thinking like the government.. o_O Ok, don't hate but at least try and revert back to sanity, since honestly they are innoscent, only brainwashed, wether its talking to them or kicking them out of a bar for being too drunk, it makes them something to think about. I am sure someone would not just kick them out of a bar unless they acted like total jackasses. Plus the Canadian asked politely to leave :P Oh and supposingly the US has everything worked out and knows everyone in the world, flawlessly therefore has the right to help everyone else :P

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!