Need DVD copy software!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
planet10 said:
Don't know about PCs but that capabillity is built into all Macs (assumes you have one with a DVD burner)

dave

My daughter keeps asking me how to do this, do you mean commercial DVD's? Copying a DVDR should be drag and drop on any platform.

Putting the 8 or so Gig of data in a big movie onto a 4 Gig or so DVDR losslessly would be a good trick (I know there are now dual layer DVD burners, there weren't for a long time). I honestly have never tried to copy a movie. My son made me copies of "The Prisoner" because I stupidly bought PAL versions. I ended up buying an all region player the re-compressed copies were such do-do.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
scott wurcer said:
My daughter keeps asking me how to do this, do you mean commercial DVD's? Copying a DVDR should be drag and drop on any platform.

Putting the 8 or so Gig of data in a big movie onto a 4 Gig or so DVDR losslessly would be a good trick (I know there are now dual layer DVD burners, there weren't for a long time). I honestly have never tried to copy a movie. My son made me copies of "The Prisoner" because I stupidly bought PAL versions. I ended up buying an all region player the re-compressed copies were such do-do.

DVD data copy is built-in. To copy movies (you should own them first! or you are violating copyright) you require a DVD ripper such as Popcorn.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.