Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th January 2008, 11:07 PM   #1
Account Disabled

Default your favorite chocolate

few months ago i bought some hershey "cacao reserve 65%" at a shop rite supermarket ( later also at 99 cents store ! ! ! ) and i simply loved it

my friend also could not understand how hershey chocolate bar could taste good ... loved it as well

on the other hand i hate hershey's "special dark" ...

i also like some chocolate bars from Lindt ... but not all

can anybody recommend some chocolate bars that you personally liked ? im not talking about some exotic expensive chocolate that you convinced yourself is good but something that you tried without necessarily expecting anything special and were pleasantly surprised ?
Old 16th January 2008, 02:33 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

You can get Valrhona with cannabis in Amsterdam. Actually the Lindt with high (>70%) cacao content that I bought my mother for Christmas was pretty good.
Old 16th January 2008, 10:45 PM   #3
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by scott wurcer
You can get Valrhona with cannabis in Amsterdam. Actually the Lindt with high (>70%) cacao content that I bought my mother for Christmas was pretty good.
i dunno ... cannabis has a pretty strong taste
Old 16th January 2008, 11:45 PM   #4
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I prefer my Valrhona with Banyuls.
Old 17th January 2008, 03:06 AM   #5
maxro is offline maxro  Canada
diyAudio Member

Lindt makes one with Cuban cocoa that's pretty tasty and around 65%. Probably not legal south of the border though.
Old 17th January 2008, 05:27 AM   #6
Account Disabled

by the way im not sure i would like anything beyond 70% ... to me 65% is just about right

i never tried Valrhona ... i probably should ... is it normally sold in supermarkets like walmart ?
Old 20th January 2008, 01:50 AM   #7
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

Hersheys 65% is _very_ good.

I tried Ritter sport dark, found it too sweet. Some of the higher % chocolates have a bland, waxy taste, IMO. Some sugar is needed to bring out the flavor.

Lindt truffles, anyway, are rather ho-hum, IMO. Some truffles (forget the name) are simply to die for. Most that I like are rolled in cacao rather than coated with a firmer chocolate.

For bang for the buck, I prefer semi-sweet chocolate chips to most bar chocolate. I like the bite. Pop about 6 into your mouth and hold them against your palate with your tongue until they dissolve
Old 6th February 2008, 01:14 PM   #8
eStatic is offline eStatic  United States
diyAudio Member

For price performance you can't beat Callebaut. I love just holding a ten pound bar in my arms. LOL
Old 8th February 2008, 07:13 AM   #9
OzMikeH is offline OzMikeH  Australia
diyAudio Member

I bought a bar of Lindt Excellence with Chili. Rather strange but very nice.

Lindt 80% (or is it 85 or 90?) is an interesting experience. Too strong for me to just eat it.
Try 1/4 of a square, melt it slightly in your mouth then have a sip of Guinness.
Old 9th February 2008, 02:19 PM   #10
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Mike, you have the right idea... those chockies are the best... the ones you only need to bite a little piece of to get your chocolate high.

Hide this!Advertise here!