DYS OHP Conversion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can I throw in a 400 Watt Metal Halide and Ballast Or will My lcd melt to death? Is it alot hotter? I'm currently using
Lamp Type HALOGEN
Base Type GZ9.5
Volts 120
Watts 600
Lumens 17000
Color Temp 3200
CRI 1.44"
Rated Life (hrs) 75
Max. Length (in) 2.5
ANSI # DYS

But It would be nice to use a 20000 hour growing lamp instead of a 75 hour lamp. The DYS bulb is about 8 inches from the Lens. Ive got a 120mm fan i the back an 80mm in the front and an 80mm over the lcd which is one inch off the lens. I can put pictures if it would help (Its very ugly lots of tape). I'd be glad to include pictures of the project but i'm not sure its worth it because i've heard the heat from the lamp I use and the heat from the Metal Halide is like night and day. But then again im totally new to this sort of thing so any help would be much appreciated.

I had another quick question. Is there any program that can display windows at say 800X600 while the monitor is still at 1024X768. Kind of like having it in a box with black all around it. Linux does this but thats just because it cant recognize a single device on my computer. Anyway the reason I ask is I wont be able to buy a bigger lense for a while and mine is only 10 inches with a 15 inch monitor on top.

However, I've seen a couple of bulb/socket/ballast kits for sale that are for conversion from high pressure sodium to metal halide. I assume there is some advantage (price?) in using the HPS ballast with a mogul base conversion socket and a MH bulb. This is the special that atlantalightbulbs is running, for example.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.