DIY replacement lamp for projector - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > Lighting and OHP

Lighting and OHP any lighting ideas and ohp info

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd December 2009, 12:12 AM   #71
diyAudio Member

O.k I will have to gp pick it up from my moms, but I will be sure to post pics. So what do you think about the light n reflectors.
Old 31st December 2009, 02:55 AM   #72
diyAudio Member

Can you not use your existing relector from your original lamp? HID Xenons are the next best thing although a bit dimmer on increased screen sizes.
Old 10th January 2010, 08:15 PM   #73
diyAudio Member

No, because I bought it without the bulb and reflector. Also I can't seem to find where to short it to get pass the bulb check. Hope these pics give you an idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3240.jpg (622.1 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3244.jpg (554.8 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3259.JPG (920.7 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3260.JPG (928.0 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3263.jpg (515.1 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3264.JPG (793.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3270.JPG (809.8 KB, 95 views)
Old 10th January 2010, 10:06 PM   #74
diyAudio Member

Default Philips LC4431

Hey again, I went at it some more and found the basalst and removed it. Found the 3 wires. In my case it seems to me typical to colour. Red 5v, Black ground, and Yellow standby. Now I know I have to short the 5v to ground with a 5v resistor, but what about the standby? Also I heard someone went to home depo and bought a work light and used that with its basalst. Worked great apparantly. I seem set but I thought it would be helpful for you guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3281.JPG (585.2 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3283.JPG (493.4 KB, 101 views)
Old 14th August 2010, 02:50 PM   #75
diyAudio Member

Hi All:
My projector is [SHARP XR-11XC]
I try to link the Emitter pin and Collector pin together of the PHOTOCOUPLER (I think it's PC123Y) like picture 01.jpg, and it work!! It will not show "LAMP OFF" anymore! But......
It shows "Warming Up, Please Wait...", and after few minutes...it turn off! @.@|||
There is two components outside the lamp housing in picture 02.jpg which might relate to "Warming up" sensing I guess.
The close-up pictures are 03.jpg and 04.jpg.
Does anyone knowes how to solve this situation?
Thanks
PS: I am sorry for the poor english. T.T
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.JPG (415.6 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg 02.JPG (459.6 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg 03.JPG (285.8 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 04.JPG (165.4 KB, 58 views)
Old 24th September 2010, 02:17 AM   #76
diyAudio Member

Pic 3 seems like a thermistor. If it is then it is likely to be a PTC type where the resistance increases with the temperature. I don't think that the thermistor has anything to do with the projector not staying on after shunting the photocoupler. It is purely temperature related. Pic 04, you may need to take it off and show it in more detail. Somehow I feel you may be shunting the incorrect photocoupler.
Old 24th September 2010, 03:26 PM   #77
diyAudio Member

Thank You Gizmotech.
You are right! I was wrong!
There is another PHOTOCOUPLER (PC123Y) somewhere else. It setting on a narrow space that i can't take picture. This one is the correct PHOTOCOUPLER! So my problem now is to put a suit lamp in. It's really diffical to find this suit lamp....I'm still searching for the lamp!
Did anyone have idea about a lamp bright enough and cheap enough and easy to use for the projector? If the lamp use 110V will be most convenient, because it need no adaptor.
Thank you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
Pic 3 seems like a thermistor. If it is then it is likely to be a PTC type where the resistance increases with the temperature. I don't think that the thermistor has anything to do with the projector not staying on after shunting the photocoupler. It is purely temperature related. Pic 04, you may need to take it off and show it in more detail. Somehow I feel you may be shunting the incorrect photocoupler.
Old 16th November 2011, 11:31 AM   #78
diyAudio Member

Default manually reset counter 3m mp8020 projector

hello I have a 3m mp8020 projector lamp you changed but still jumping the red LED bulb drawing not reset the counter to zero've lost control, can be done manually or removing any cable? thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 09:02 PM   #79
bgynite is offline bgynite  United States
diyAudio Member

How did you defeat the thermal sensor? I am working with a dlp projector and I have this last sensor board to fool. I tried putting it next to different heat sources to get it to work and read the ohms of resistance at the right temp but so far I have not had any luck.
Flickr: CGIAnimated's Photostream

At room temp I measure 11 ohms of resistance and with the sensor on a cup of hot coffee, then near a candle. I got it down to 5 ohms but I could not get the projector to power up properly without the red temp light coming on.

there are 4 wires and Im not sure how i should go about splicing in a resistor to simulate the right temp.

Hide this!Advertise here!