Aiwa Turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello:

I am new to this forum and need some prctical advice. I was introduced to your forum by browsing for help with my AIWA turntable.

I have seen that other members have (or had) the same problem, but I did not find any response or solution to it.

My AIWA turntable belt became undone (Model PX-E850) and while I was able to remove the table itself, I am at a loss trying to figure out how to put back the belt.

Does anyone know how to? Is there a place to find the schematic? I am pretty handy but with no guiding diagram, it is very unlikely that I will succed in puting it back together.

LSM

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I don't know the turntable but most likely, you need to take off the platter first. The belt should have enough tension to fit tightly on the inner ring of the platter.
Then, put the platter back in place. The hole in the platter will permit you to grab the belt and place it onto the motor pulley.
Oh...and make sure you pull that mains wire when servicing. :)

/Hugo

:D hi its very simple, just remove the platter and belt there are a couple of openings on the casting to do this and give it a yank up to remove it from the spindle then on the underside there should be a rim cast into it for the belt to go around and drive the platter then you put the belt on this and replace it all on the spindle and then rotate the platter over the motor pulley reach down with your finger and pull the belt over the pulley, if your belt will not stay on the platter rim and falls off then it is most likely stretched and in need of replacement,
cheers:D hope this helpsT.C.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.