Help a noob out....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello! I am new to this site and am finding the info here very interesting. I am a hunter and fisherman from Michigan looking to build a coyoter caller. I need an amp that will accept the input from my Sansa mp3 player and output to a 50w bullhorn style speaker. I got this idea here:

http://www.varmintal.com/ahunt.htm#El-Cheapo

What I don't like is the cheap 9v powered RadioHack miniamp, I know I can do better!

I've been pouring over a lot of information on this sight for the last few days and have yet to find the solution for what I would like to do. I don't need top notch sound quality, but what I do need is volume! So can anyone help me out with suggestions for an amp or suggestions on where to start? I was thinking a simple chipamp might do, but which one? What about a gainclone? I have already tried some powered computer speakers, but they are not loud enough and have a lot of hissing and static when the volume is turned up.

Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.