Hello, everyone!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy!

New guy here. Known about this place for years, finally decided to join.

I'm an old ex-Pacific Stereo guy. Did stock, sales, management and service (and sadly, undertaking) for my old beloved Alma Mater of Audio. My cousin Ames and I were the very last employees out of about 5000 and closed and emptied every Southern California store in 1986.

I ended up with ALL of Pacific's 18,000 paper service manuals (West region) and most of the parts inventory. Yup, I still have optics for a Sony CDP-101 (and can actually align and fix one, too!).:)

Other gigs were Inside Systems in Laguna Hills, CA, and Digital Ear in Tustin. I was also a factory tech for both Yamaha and JVC.

Now, I work for a company that makes GPS-based time and frequency references.

Since I'm no longer in the audio and service business, I now recondition and eBay (isn't that a verb, just like "google?") classic audio and video gear (ID is... yep, PacificStereo.. how'd ya guess?) as a hobby.

I'm lookin' forward to hanging around here and participating. Feel free to drop me a note if you need something or just want to tell me one of those "Pacific" stories (of which there are millions)!

-Pacific

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.