Hello from Brewery Town UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to anyone out there!
I have just joined my first forum today, so be patient with me if I am unfamiliar with forum etiquette etc.
I am a lifelong music fan, (mostly jazz these days), and a long time hi-fi nut, although I am just emerging from a ten year 'quiet' period.
I've at various times owned and loved kit from Quad, Leak, Lowther,Bandor, Kef, Trichord Research, Garrard, SME, and loads of others. My most recent purchase is a Shanling CD player made in China.
I'm in the process of slimming down my hi-fi, eg. the one-box Shanling replaces a four box Trichord Research CD player. My house is full of past investments (a much better word than'purchases'), and superseded DIY projects. My wife informs me that I will be making extensive use of the marketplace facilities to make some space.
And yes, I do enjoy the products of my home town, particularly Marston's Pedigree!
Best Regards to All!!
jazzman48

jazzman,

Hi , I'm new here too , also from the UK !! Used to supply a brewery in Burton with hose & couplings in another life !!

I'm also a Hi-Fi nut , but , fortunately have gone thru the equipment spending phase of the obsession !! I am still mad for quality reproduction but I now buy out of fashion high end after some1 else has suffered the depreciation !!

One music genre I have never got into is Jazz. But , I keep hearing little snippets of stuff I find very appealing on movies etc. It's probably the more esoteric , modern stuff , but I would dearly like to hear more. Would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction please !

Hmmm ...
I thought I'd never like 'proper' jazz until I heard Thelonious Monk. I find jazz to be quite pretentious and self indulgant but good old Thelonious communicates a raw passion and energy.

Recommended listening:
Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane - At Carnegie Hall

Cheers,
Martin.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.